Whereas now, zoom out. Evaluation thought, irrational.
但是现在,视野变窄,评估想法,非理性的影响
And recover much more promptly. Dismissal of positives or negatives.
能更迅速地恢复。消除积极或者消极的影响
So the person who has tunnel vision doesn't see the other 618 people who are engaged or asleep.
有隧道视野的人不会去留意其他618个专心听课或睡觉的人
The person who dismiss the positives see those but says they're unimportant; they are trivial in comparison to
忽视了积极面的人看到那些,但说他们不重要,它们很微不足道
how I just failed or what I just did wrong.
比起我的失败或我做的错事
So for example, and this again, something that I...a trap that I often fall into.
比如,我经常会遇到的一个困境
When I was a senior, I applied for fellowships and I got a fellowship to go to Cambridge.
我大四时申请了奖学金,我得到去剑桥的奖学金
And I got the John Elliot Fellowship.
我得的是John Elliot奖学金
And there are 4 fellowships that go to Cambridge: the John Elliot, the Fiske, um...one other...Pembroke; then there is the John Harvard fellowship.
剑桥有四个奖学金:John Elliot和Fiske还有Pembroke,还有一个是John Harvard奖学金
So I got the John Elliot, one of the 4.
我得到了John Elliot奖学金,四个之一
Immediately when I got it, I know that I got it obviously. It wasn't that I was ignoring it.
我得到后不久,我就得到消息了并不是我无视了它
But then I said why didn't I get the John Harvard fellowship.
但我想为什么没能得到John Harvard奖学金
Now there is no difference between them except for the name.
它们之间除名字不同外没任何区别
But that's immediately what my mind went to.
但那是我的脑袋里立刻想到的
And that, that was very important experience for me because I said "wow, look at you." and that's when I started to recognize
对我而言是很重要的经历,因为我说,“看看你。”我在那个时候开始意识到
the importance and the power of our evaluation. And how that can determine or even ruin what should have been a celebration.
我们的评估的重要性和威力。它是怎样决定或甚至毁掉,本该是一件值得庆祝的事