The other side of it, which is actually other side of the same coin is minimizing.
它的另一面,同一个硬币的另一面,是极小化
This is something I do very often. This is my trap
这是我经常做的,这是我仍要
that I still have to be aware of, I still think about today, even though I became aware of it years ago.
警惕的陷阱,我至今仍会考虑,虽然我几年前就注意到它了
Only now I catch myself doing it much promptly.
直到现在我才能够迅速醒觉自己在这么做
So the first idea of minimizing is what Karen Reivich calls tunnel vision.
极小化的第一个概念是Karen Reivich称之为“隧道视野”
What is tunnel vision? For example, let's say I have 620 students in my class.
什么是“隧道视野”?比如,我的课堂里有620个学生
And out of these 620 students 618 are engaged in the material.
620个中618个在看教材
One is looking at the ceiling, at the lights.
一个在看天花板,在看灯
And another one, out of the 620 students, is asleep.
620个中的另外一个在睡觉
Tunnel Vision is when I focus on that one person who is asleep.
隧道视野指的是当我关注那个睡觉的人
And I say to myself, "Wow, I'm giving boring, sleep inducing lectures."
对自己说,“我的课肯定讲得让人无聊,犯困”
Or the other way around: I have 620 students, 618 are asleep.
或反过来620个学生中618个睡着
One is looking around. And one is going "wow! wow!" and I only focus on that person and I say I'm a great lecturer. I'm so inspiring.
一个在开小差,一个听得十分入迷,我只关注那个人,我说我是个好讲师,我非常受鼓舞
Again, it's unrealistic. One way or the other. And what cognitive therapy does is bring realism into the equation.
然而不管怎样这都是不现实的,认知疗法把现实主义引入这个等式