Conversation A
对话A
Ben: I need some new shorts. Most of mine have holes in them.
本:我需要一些新短裤。我大部分短裤都破了洞。
Rob: Go to Macy's department store at the mall. They have cool shorts.
罗布:去购物中心的梅西百货吧。那里有很酷的短裤。
Ben: Great! Are they expensive?
本:太好了!价格很贵吗?
Rob: Some pairs are. But some are only $10. I saw them yesterday.
罗布:有一些会比较贵。但是有一些只卖10美元。我昨天看到的。
Ben: That's a good deal. Maybe I'll go to Macy's after work today.
本:那还挺划算的。今天下班之后我可能会去梅西百货。
Rob: You can find a lot of good ones at the mall.
罗布:你在购物中心里可以找到很多不错的短裤。
Conversation B
对话B
Ben: Do you like to shop, Taylor?
本:泰勒,你喜欢购物吗?
Taylor: Of course! Don't all girls like to shop?
泰勒:当然!难道不是所有的女孩都喜欢购物吗?
Ben: Yes, I guess so. I need some new shorts and jeans, but I don't like to shop.
本:是的,我猜也是。我需要一些新的短裤和牛仔裤,但是我不想购物。
Taylor: Why not?
泰勒:为什么呢?
Ben: Shopping for clothes isn't fun. It takes too much time.
本:购物买衣服没什么意思。而且这会花太多的时间。
Taylor: But you like shopping for other things.
泰勒:但是你喜欢为了其他东西购物。
Ben: Sure! I like to shop for computers or electronics.
本:没错!我喜欢购物买电脑或电子产品。
Conversation C
对话C
Taylor: So did you buy some new summer clothes, Linda?
泰勒:琳达,你买了新的夏季服装了吗?
Linda: I went shopping at the mall yesterday evening. I found a few things.
琳达:我昨天晚上在商场里买东西。结果我找到了一些衣服。
Taylor: Great! Were they on sale?
泰勒:太棒了!有没有促销?
Linda: Yes, they were. But I want to return a pair of pants.
琳达:是的。但是我想退掉一件长裤。
Taylor: Why?
泰勒:为什么?
Linda: When I tried them on again at home, they didn't fit right.
琳达:我在家又一次试穿的时候,发现并不是很合身。
Taylor: That's too bad. Well, then you'll need to go shopping again!
泰勒:太糟了。然后你就需要再购一次物了!