Imagine remembering every single day of your life, all in perfect detail.
试想记住生命中的每一天,任何细节都不放过会是什么样子?
For those with highly superior autobiographical memory, or H.S.A.M for short, this is their reality.
对于那些拥有超强自传体记忆或简称H.S.A.M人群来说,这就是他们的现实。
I remember everything that's personally happened to me since I was born.
我记得我出生以来亲身经历过的一切。
That's Rebecca Sharrock.I was fascinated by this condition, so I called her up to find out more.
刚才说话的是丽贝卡Sharrock,我对这种状况非常好奇,所以我打电话找她了解详细情况。
Hi, Rebecca.Hi!
嗨,丽贝卡。嗨!
How are you going? I'm doing alright.It's a very wet Saturday morning here.How are you going?
你最近怎么样?还好啦。今天周六,早上很潮。你呢?
Side note, in this moment, I just realized that Rebecca will remember that this day was a wet morning forever.
旁注,这时我突然意识到丽贝卡会永远记得这个潮湿的早晨。
So, you remember everything in great detail.
每件事你都会记得一清二楚。
People can remember what they did last Saturday, but I can remember what I did Saturday 10 years ago.
一般人能记住上周六他们做了什么,但我记得十年前的上个星期六我做了什么。
What about a memory from when you were just a baby?
那你记得婴儿时期的事情吗?
When I was 12 days old, I was lying down on the fur car seat in my parents' car, and I was staring up at the steering wheel,
我出生刚12天的时候,我躺在父母汽车的皮椅上,我正盯着方向盘,
and I thought, “What is that?”
我当时想,“那是什么?”
Rebecca is one of only 60 people worldwide to have been identified with having H.S.A.M.
全世界的H.S.A.M人群仅仅只有60人,Rebecca就是其中之一。
All through my teenage years, I thought that everybody remembered in this kind of way.
青少年时期我以为大家的记忆都是这样的。
I thought it was completely normal.
我以为这是完全正常的。
It wasn't until she was 21, when her parents decided to submit her to the university of California to undergo two years of testing.
直到21岁时,她的父母决定让她去加利福尼亚大学接受两年的测试。
After this, she was officially identified as having H.S.A.M.
此后,她就被正式认定为拥有H.S.A.M.了。
Since memories can come to mind unexpectedly, any time of day, a negative memory like this can make living with H.S.A.M difficult.
由于回忆可能突然涌现,不管是一天中的哪个时间,负面的记忆就会使H.S.A.M人群的生活变得很困难。
Mom was putting me in this itchy satin dress, and I was crying because I didn't like it,
妈妈给我穿这件穿上就会痒的绸缎裙子,我哭了,因为我不喜欢它,
and mom gave me this Minnie Mouse toy, and I couldn't say anything at the time, but her face terrified me.
妈妈就给了我这只米妮玩具,当时我什么也说不出来,但她的脸让我害怕。
But on most days H.S.A.M is a gift.
但在大多数日子里,H.S.A.M都是一种恩赐。
Rebecca can recall happy memories and moments when times get tough.
因为在艰难的岁月里,Rebecca能想起那些美好的回忆和瞬间。
A good memory that makes me so thankful about having this kind of H.S.A.M memory.
一段美好的回忆会让我非常感激能拥有这种H.S.A.M记忆。
Thanks for chatting Rebecca.Yup, thanks. Bye.
谢谢你聊天Rebecca。不客气,也谢谢你。再见。