I am feeling pretty energetic when I finish my three cookies and decide to do a little cleaning.
吃完三块饼干后,我感到精力充沛,决定去打扫一下房间。
I take out a rag and start dusting the living room.
我拿出一块抹布,开始打扫起居室。
I dust the TV and the lamps. I wipe the coffee table, too.
我掸掉电视和灯上的灰尘,然后擦了擦咖啡桌。
The rug looked filthy so I get out the vacuum and vacuum it.
地毯看起来很脏,所以我用真空吸尘器清理了一下。
I pick up around the room and put things away.
我收拾了一下屋子,把东西放好。
The bathroom needs cleaning, too, but by this time, I am starting to feel tired.
浴室也需要打扫,但这时,我觉得有点累了。
Mopping the bathroom floor and scrubbing the tub will have to wait for another day.
拖浴室地板,擦洗浴缸的活,不得不等到明天了。
I turn on the TV to watch the newscast, but I missed the national news.
我打开电视观看新闻节目,但是国内新闻已经结束了。
I flip though the channels but all I see are commercials.
我换了几个频道,但全是商业广告。
My favorite reality show doesn’t come on for another hour so I turn off the TV.
我最喜欢的真人秀节目,再等一个小时也播不了,于是我关掉了电视。
I put down the remote, and pick up a magazine.
放下遥控器,我拿起一本杂志。
I thumb through it for few minutes and then the phone rings.
刚翻了几分钟,电话就响了。
It’s my best friend Marlene, so I put down the magazine and spend the half hour chatting with her.
是我最好的朋友,马琳打来的,于是我放下杂志和她聊了半个小时。
There’s nothing like a good talk with a good friend to end a busy day.
忙了一天,最开心的事莫过于能和好朋友愉快地聊聊天了。