A rag, "rag," or a rag, depends on what part of the country you are from,
抹布,“抹布”,还是抹布(发音不同),与你来自哪个国家哪个地区有关,
in my part of the country, we say rag, "I take out a rag and start dusting the living room."
在我的家乡,我们说抹布。“我拿出一个抹布,开始打扫客厅”。
A rag is a small towel; usually it's a small towel you use for cleaning.
抹布是一条小毛巾,通常是用来清洁的小毛巾。
To dust, "dust," means to take a rag or a small towel and remove the little bits of dirt,
“除尘”意思是用一块抹布或者一条小毛巾,
what we call dust, off of a table or television or other furniture.
把我们称之为灰尘的小块污垢,从桌子,电视或者其他家具上除去。
Dust can be both a noun as well as a verb.
灰尘既可以是名词也可以是动词。
As a noun, it's the little dirt – pieces of dirt.
作为名词,是指小块污垢。
As a verb, it means to remove those pieces of dirt.
作为动词,意思是去除那些污垢。
Lucy says that she dusts "the TV and the lamps."
露西说她掸去了“电视和灯上”的灰尘。
She wipes "the coffee table, too."
也擦了擦“咖啡桌” 。
To wipe, "wipe," is similar to dust.
“擦”类似于除尘。
It means taking a rag or a towel and cleaning something up.
是用一块抹布或一条毛巾清理某个东西。
The difference is that dusting is only used when we are talking about these little pieces of dirt that you find after a few days in your house.
不同的是,比如隔几天,你在屋里发现了小块污垢,才会使用除尘这个词。
When you say I'm going to wipe something, however, usually that means there's some water or some other dirt – something bigger than just little pieces of dust.
而当你说我要去擦拭某个东西时,通常是指有水渍或者其他的污垢——比小块灰尘更大的东西。
So Lucy says she will "wipe the coffee table" also.
所以Lucy说她也“擦了擦咖啡桌”。