I think we need to be teaching these skills to kids and adults at every stage of their development,
我认为我们应该向所有小孩和大人都教授这些技巧,
if we want to have thinking organizations and a thinking society.
如果我们想要能够思考的组织和社会。
The fact is that most of the biggest catastrophes that we've witnessed rarely come from information that is secret or hidden.
事实上,那些我们曾经见证过的最大的灾难,很少是由于一些隐藏的或者秘密的信息而产生。
It comes from information that is freely available and out there,
这都是由那些公开的信息而造成的,
but that we are willfully blind to, because we can't handle, don't want to handle, the conflict that it provokes.
不过我们只不是完全忽略了而已,因为我们不想去处理引起的各种麻烦和矛盾。
But when we dare to break that silence, or when we dare to see, and we create conflict,
但是当我们愿意去打破这种沉默或者我们敢于看到并且制造矛盾,
we enable ourselves and the people around us to do our very best thinking.
我们就能使我们以及周围的人进行最有效的思考。
Open information is fantastic, open networks are essential.
公开信息是很棒的,公开的网络很关键。
But the truth won't set us free until we develop the skills and the habit and the talent and the moral courage to use it.
但是事实不会让我们自由,除非我们拥有技能、习惯、天赋、以及道德上的勇气去利用它。
Openness isn't the end. It's the beginning.
公开并不是一个结束。它只是一个开始。