I just wanna start and go, and go, and go, the longest amount of time that I can draw, before the tide comes in and washes everything away.
我就想走啊走啊走,在潮水上来冲走一切之前能画多久我就会画多久。
My name is Jim Denevan. I draw in the sand.
我是Jim Denevan。我在沙地上作画。
To draw in the sand, it's a balance between a mental game and a physical.
在沙地上作画讲究的是心理游戏和现实游戏之间的一种平衡。
They're both equally important.
这两种游戏同样重要。
I started drawing in the sand a little more than 20 years ago.
我是20多年前开始在沙地上作画的。
I was walking along the beach one day, and it just came to me to use it as a canvas.
有一天,我正沿着海滩散步,然后就灵光一闪想要用沙滩作我的画布。
I just put my finger in the sand and made a giant fish.
我就用手在沙里画了一条超大的鱼。
I became really, really obsessed with it.
从那以后,我就对这种画画的方式着魔了。
I left behind the world, both of surfing, and a job as a chef, and then I just put everything into drawing in the sand.
为此我放弃了全世界,放弃了冲浪,放弃了厨师工作,转而全身心地投入到了沙地作画上。
There was almost no one in the whole world that did this kind of thing.
全世界几乎没有任何人做过这种事。
I've drawn in the sand around the world: Australia, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Russia,
我画的沙画遍布世界各地:澳大利亚、乌拉圭、阿根廷、智利、俄罗斯,
and occasionally a commission,
我画沙画有时是为了完成任务,
but also in places where, "Oh there's a nice patch of sand, I think I'll go do something there."
有时纯粹就是因为觉得“哎,那片沙滩好漂亮啊,好想上去画点儿啥啊。”
The one that was 10 miles in circumference in the desert, on a dry lake,
我在沙漠里一片干涸的湖面上画的那个周长约16公里的沙画
it's a Guinness world record, largest art.
还作为规模最大的画作被吉尼斯收录了。
I've walked as much as 30 miles in one day, which means about seven or eight hours of walking.
我一天就要走48公里,要走差不多七八个小时。
I like the stick probably the best, because I like to come down to the beach with nothing.
我最喜欢的应该是枯枝吧,因为我喜欢空着手去沙滩上。
The tools are sitting there on the beach, sticks to choose from, and I'll do my composition.
我需要的工具沙滩上都有,我可以随意挑选,我就用那些枯枝来完成我的作品。
Do a nice big drawing and then I'll throw the stick away.
画一幅漂亮的巨幅画,然后就可以把树枝扔了。
Come down with nothing and leave with nothing.
空手来,空手走。
For me, that's the most fulfilling choice of how to do it.
这就是整个过程中最让我满足的地方。
Drawing in the sand is the ultimate of in the moment,
在沙地上作画是专注当下的终极体现,
and I wanna finish when the tide is about to destroy the drawing.
我希望我能在潮水到来之前完成我的作品。
This is gonna change every day.
这里每天都在发生变化。
Anything I do down there is gonna be gone, and every time I'm gonna have a big, huge place to try something new.
我在那里画的任何东西都会消失,但我总能找到别的大舞台尝试新事物。