Making drawings on land, on quite a large scale is something people have been doing for thousands of years.
数千年来,人们一直有着在大地上绘制大型画作的传统。
I'm Simon Beck and I make drawings in the snow.
我是西蒙·贝克,我在雪地里画画。
It started as a bit of fun but gradually it's taken over my life.
一开始在雪地里画画是为了好玩,后来就变成了我生活的主要内容。
A ballpark estimate of footsteps, about 5,000 steps in an hour.
走出一个球场大小的脚印圈,一小时要走将近5,000步。
A big drawing, two hours measuring, eight hours work.
要❀一大幅图出来,测量就需要两个小时,具体走则需要8个小时。
You're looking at 40,000 steps.
这些脚印加起来有4万个。
I started doing it as an easier alternative to hiking up the mountain when I wanted some exercise.
一开始,我是想在我想运动的时候,给自己找个比登山更轻松的运动方式。
You start with a drawing on a piece of paper, or else a drawing in your mind.
作首先要在纸上或者在脑海里把画画下来。
Just treating it being like an orienteering touring map.
只要把作画堪称导航的地图就好了。
You're just going a certain distance in a certain direction, determining distances by counting paces.
沿着一定的方向走过一定的距离,根据步伐的大小来决定距离。
It's a very physical exercise.
这是一项非常实际的运动方式。
It's equivalent to a long day's walk in the hills when you make one of these big drawings.
画一副这样的画的运动量相当于在山里走一天。
I'm just about the only person in the world doing anything like it.
只是除了我之外,没有人选择这样画画罢了。