Conversation A
对话A
Susie: What are you writing, Ben?
苏西:本,你在写什么?
Ben: I'm writing a birthday card for my great-aunt.
本:我再给我的婶祖母写生日贺卡。
Susie: How old is she?
苏西:她今年多大岁数了?
Ben: She's 95.
本:她今年95了。
Susie: Wow! That's pretty ancient.
苏西:哇!年纪真大啊。
Ben: Yes. She's very healthy. She walks her two dogs every day.
本:是的。她非常健康。她每天会去遛她的两只狗。
Susie: That's great! What's your great-aunt's name?
苏西:真厉害!你婶祖母的名字是什么?
Ben: Philippa. But everyone calls her Pippa.
本:菲利帕。不过大家都叫她皮帕。
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: Hey, Linda. What are you doing this weekend?
阿莱克斯:嗨,琳达。你这周末打算做什么?
Linda: Hi, Alex. My parents and elder sister are visiting.
琳达:嗨,阿莱克斯。我的父母和我姐姐要来。
Alex: That's nice. How often do you visit your family?
阿莱克斯:真好。你通常多久去看你的家人一次?
Linda: I visit my parents every two months. But my sister visits more often.
琳达:我每两个月回去看望我父母一次。但是我的姐姐去得更频繁。
Alex: Do you and your sister look alike?
阿莱克斯:你和你姐姐长得像吗?
Linda: Yes, we do look alike.
琳达:是的,我们长得很像。
Conversation C
对话C
Taylor: Hey, Rob. I'm not working tomorrow morning.
泰勒:嗨,罗布。我明天早上不去上班了。
Rob: OK. What are you doing?
罗布:好的。你要做什么?
Taylor: I'm having brunch with some friends.
泰勒:我要和我的一些朋友去吃早午餐。
Rob: Oh, that's fun. Brunch is a great meal.
罗布:哦,那很有意思啊。早午餐是很丰盛的一顿饭。
Taylor: It's part breakfast...
泰勒:早午餐是部分早餐...
Rob: And part lunch! You can eat both meals at once.
罗布:加上部分午餐!你可以一次吃两顿饭。
Taylor: Exactly! I meet my friends for brunch every month.
泰勒:没错!我每个月都会和我朋友共进早午餐。