The children came running in. It was three feet off the ground, and they said, "What is this?"
孩子们跑了进来。电脑离地面有3英尺,他们问:“这是什么?”
And I said, "Yeah, it's, I don't know. So..."
我说:“唔,这是……我不知道。”
They said, "Why have you put it there?"
他们问:“为什么你把它放在那儿?”
I said, "Just like that."
我说:“就那样。”
And they said, "Can we touch it?"I said, "If you wish to."
然后他们说:“我们可以摸一下吗?”我说:“如果你们愿意的话。”
And I went away. About eight hours later, we found them browsing and teaching each other how to browse.
然后我走开了。大概过了8小时以后,我发现他们在上网冲浪并相互教对方如何浏览网页。
So I said, "Well that's impossible, because -- How is it possible? They don't know anything."
于是我说:“这不可能,因为……这怎么可能?他们什么都不知道。”
My colleagues said, "No, it's a simple solution. One of your students must have been passing by, showed them how to use the mouse."
我同事说:“不,答案很简单。一定是你哪个学生经过,给他们演示了如何使用鼠标。”
So I said, "Yeah, that's possible."
于是我说:“对,那有可能。”
So I repeated the experiment.
我于是重复了这个实验。
I went 300 miles out of Delhi into a really remote village where the chances of a passing software development engineer was very little.
我跑去离开德里300英里的一个偏远的村子,在这里,偶然路过一个软件开发工程师的概率极低。
I repeated the experiment there.
我就在那里重复了实验。
There was no place to stay, so I stuck my computer in, I went away, came back after a couple of months, found kids playing games on it.
那里没有地方能让我住下来,所以我装好电脑就走了,几个月之后才回来,我发现几个小孩在上面玩游戏。