I remember a time when you actually had to talk to people to figure out if they were annoying or not.
我记得那个时代你必须得跟别人说话才能知道他们讨不讨人厌
And now you just see pictures of the food they post on Instagram,
但现在你只需要看一下他们在Instagram上面晒的食物照片
and you immediately know that they're annoying.
立马就能知道他们很烦人
And it's amazing how much-- you know everything is in our phones, now.
现在 所有的一切都在手机里
We use our phones for everything. We store people's names, numbers, addresses.
我们做任何事都需要手机 它可以存储别人的姓名 号码 地址
Anywhere you need to go, you can look it up on the internet.
不管你想去哪里 上网一查就知道了
We have everything we need right there in our phone.
手机里有我们需要的一切
So why are we still getting phone books?
那为什么还有人用电话本呢?
That's what I want to know, right now.
我想知道为什么
I've mentioned this before.
我之前就说过这个
And I'm going to mention it again, because I don't understand it, and I won't stop talking about it until they are gone.
现在我还要再说一遍 因为我不明白 而且只要它不消失 我就会一遍又一遍地提
We don't need phone books anymore.
我们根本就不需要电话本了
The phone book was very useful for a long time, I agree. Right?
曾经有很长一段时间 电话本作用很大 这我不否认 对吧
Most of you don't even know what a phone book is.
你们多数人甚至都不知道电话本是什么
Every year, you get one of these in the mail, or on the street.
每年 你都会在邮箱里或大街上收到一本这个东西
This is heavy. If you needed someone's number, this is what you would use to look it up.
重死了 如果你需要某人的电话 就得用这个去查找
You would have-- there was-- this is just the yellow pages right here by the way.
会有 只需要这些黄色的页面就行了
But it had their addresses listed, because back then, you'd have to go to someone's house to show them a picture of your food.
但上面有他们的地址 因为以前的时候 你得到别人家去才能让他们看到你食物的照片
You couldn't just put on the phone. You could look up businesses.
你不能直接放在手机里 你可以查找商家
If you wanted to order a pizza, you would go to the yellow pages, and there is like all kinds of ads for-- you can see.
如果你想订个披萨 就去黄色的页面查找 有各种各样的广告 大家能看到
So there were no reviews to help you find the best pizza.
没有评论 不能帮你找到最好吃的披萨店
That you looked at an ad, and you would just pick one from the ad.
你看到的只是广告 然后从众多的广告中选一个
You'd say, I'm going to go with the place that has the mascot of the Italian guy with the curly mustache,
你会想 我就去这个地方吧 他们的吉祥物是一个留有卷胡子的意大利人
because that seems like they're authentic.
因为这好像显得比较正宗
Now we have phones, so we don't need phone books anymore.
现在我们有了手机 不再需要电话本了
But for some reason they keep making them.
但不知道为什么 还有厂家在生产它们
The phone book people refuse to quit.
生产电话本的人不愿意退休
They're like the opposite of people who work at the White House.
他们跟白宫里的那群人完全相反
They won't stop.
就是不愿意停下来
The phone book company obviously heard people have been complaining, because look, this is their solution.
很明显 电话本公司知道人们在抱怨 看 这就是他们的解决方案
This is-- this was delivered to my house yesterday.
这是 这是昨天快递到我家的
At first I thought someone put my phone book in the dryer.
一开始我还以为谁把我的电话本风干了
But no. This is their cool new design. It's lighter, it fits in your purse.
不过不是 这是他们酷酷的新版本 更轻便 可以装在钱包里
So where should we go to eat? Let's see.
我们要去哪儿吃饭呢?看一下
Phone book people, if you're listening, let me explain something to you.
生产电话本的人 如果你们在听 我来解释下
It's not the size we have the problem with.
我们并不是对尺寸有意见
It's the motion of the ocean. No, that's not what I meant.
而是对(性爱)姿势不满意 不 我不是那个意思
They're trying to make it seem like it's not a waste of paper.
他们想让大家相信这不是在浪费纸张
Look what it says on the bottom right.
看这下面写的什么
Here it says eco-friendly size. That's great, but you know what's even eco-friendlier?
上面写着生态友好的尺寸 很好 但你们知道怎样会更加生态友好吗?
No phone book at all. Below that it says 100% recyclable.
停产电话本 那下面还写着100%可循环
That's because 100% of these will be recycled.
那是因为100%的电话本都会被回收
In fact, phone book company, you can do us all a favor.
其实 电话本公司 你可以帮大家一个忙
You deliver your phone bills directly to the recycling center.
你可以直接把电话本送到回收中心
And then you just cut out the middleman right there.
这样还能省掉中间商
And if you don't know where the recycling center is, it's in here you can look it up.
如果你们不知道回收中心在哪里 就在这里面 可以查一下
Look up the recycling center.
查找回收中心
Everything that's in a phone book is already in your phone, and we have phones with us every minute of the day.
电话本上的所有东西手机上都有 而且我们的手机从来不离身
Sometimes people focus way too much on their phones, and don't pay attention to what's going on,
有时候人们太过沉迷在手机里 都不注意周围发生了什么
and this is an example of what I'm talking about.
这就是个例子
And that was it.
就这样