The study was, in many ways the beginning,
这个研究在很大程度上是他们后来做的一连串实验的开端
one of the first studies they conducted. The book just came out recently, called "Thanks" by Robert Emmons, which is wonderful and traces through a lot more studies and research
这本书最近才出版,罗伯特·埃蒙斯写的《谢谢》非常好的一本书,书中追踪了很多研究和方法,
and exercise that you can do to become more grateful, to have gratitude as a way of life.
能帮助你变得更有感激之心,把感激培养成一种生活习惯
Physiological benefits such as our heart variability, which is a predictor of longevity, which is a predictor of health is increased. The parasympathetic system increases when we are grateful.
对身体的好处,包括心率变异性,它能预测我们是否能长寿,预测我们是否健康。当我们感激时,副交感神经系统功能增强
And that induces calm. And that strengthens our immune system.
使我们变平静,从而加强免疫系统
There are also many benefits to trait gratefulness, so it is not just a state of being. It's also about the trait.
当感激成为我们的性格,还有很多好处,所以感激不只上一种心情,也是一种性格
How do we cultivate that? How do we cultivate that?
我们怎么培养感激
By doing it over and over again. I do this every night.
通过一次又一次的感激,我每晚都这么做
I've been doing it since 19th of September, 1999.
从1999年9月19日开始到现在
Since 19th of September, 1999, I've been doing it. I've been doing it long before the 2002 study.
从1999年9月19日一直做到现在。这个研究2002年才开始,而我早就开始了
I started to do it when Oprah told me to do it.
当奥普拉叫我这么做时,我就开始做了
Really. I've been doing it ever since.
真的,从那时起一直到现在
Let me share with you what I wrote about last night.
我和大家分享一下我昨晚写的