With the help of an old friend at the university, Uncle Jeff got Professor Marcelo's home address.
在一位大学老朋友的帮助下,杰夫叔叔得到了马塞洛教授的家庭住址。
She and her husband lived in a neighborhood called the Hollywood Hills, a part of the city with some very expensive homes.
她和丈夫住在好莱坞山庄,这里属于高档住宅区。
We drove up the hill on a narrow, winding road.
我们沿着一条狭窄曲折的路驱车上山。
"There it is. That's 9808 Sandoval Street," I said, pointing to one of the houses.
“就是那儿,桑多瓦尔街9808号,我指着其中一幢房子说道。
It was much smaller than the ones around it. It looked like an old house, too.
它比周围的房子小得多,看起来有些年代了。
When we got out of the car, we saw a woman in jeans and a t-shirt kneeling on the ground.
下了车,我们看到一个穿着牛仔裤和t恤的女人跪在地上。
She wore gardening gloves and a big hat.
她戴着园艺手套和一顶大帽子。
When she saw us getting out of the car, she stood up.
她看到我们下车,站了起来。
I had heard of Diana Marcelo. She was one of the most well known economists in the country.
我听说过戴安娜·马塞洛。她是这个国家最著名的经济学家之一。
But I had never seen her face, so I wasn't prepared when she took off her hat and smiled at us.
但我从未见过她,所以当她脱下帽子对我们微笑时,我没有认出来。
She was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.
她是我见过的最漂亮的女人之一,
She was about five feet, five inches tall and thin, but with the right curves.
大约五尺五高,很瘦,但身材很好。
She had shoulder-length, dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a delicate face.
齐肩的长发,深棕的发色,蓝眼睛,一张精致的脸。
She looked like an angel that Michaelango might have painted.
看起来就像米高安哲奴画里的天使。