I want to commence my packing.
我要开始收拾了。
The dinner-bell rang, and suddenly away he bolted, without another syllable.
晚餐铃响了,他猛地跑开,一句话也没有说。
I saw him no more during the day, and was off before he had risen in the morning.
那天我没有再见到他,第二天早晨,他还没起床我就动身走了。
I reached the lodge at Gateshead about five o' clock in the afternoon of the first of May.
五月一日下午五点左右,我到了盖茨黑德府门房。
I stepped in there before going up to the hall. It was very clean and neat.
上府宅之前我先进去瞧瞧。里面十分整洁。
The ornamental windows were hung with little white curtains; The floor was spotless.
装饰窗上挂着小小的白色窗帘。地板一尘不染。
The grate and fire-irons were burnished bright, and the fire burnt clear.
炉栅和炉具都擦得锃亮,炉子里燃着明净的火苗。
Bessie sat on the hearth, nursing her last-born, and Robert and his sister played quietly in a corner.
贝茜坐在火炉边上,喂着最小的一个孩子,罗伯特和妹妹在墙角不声不响地玩着。
"Bless you! I knew you would come!" exclaimed Mrs. Leaven, as I entered.
“哎呀!我知道你会来的!”我进门时利文太太叫道。
"Yes, Bessie," said I, after I had kissed her, "and I trust I am not too late. How is Mrs. Reed? Alive still, I hope."
“是呀,贝茜,”我吻了吻她说,“我相信来得还不至于太晚,里德太太怎么样了?我希望还活着。”
Yes, she is alive, and more sensible and collected than she was.
不错,她还活着,而且更明白事理,更泰然了。
The doctor says she may linger a week or two yet, but he hardly thinks she will finally recover.
医生说她会拖上一周两周,但认为她很难好得了。
Has she mentioned me lately?
近来她提到过我吗?
She was talking of you only this morning, and wishing you would come,
今天早上还说起过你呢,希望你能来,
but she is sleeping now, or was ten minutes ago, when I was up at the house.
不过她现在睡着了,或者说十分钟之前我在楼上的时候,正睡着呢。
She generally lies in a kind of lethargy all the afternoon, and wakes up about six or seven.
整个下午她总是那么懒洋洋地躺着,六七点钟左右醒来。
Will you rest yourself here an hour, Miss, and then I will go up with you?
小姐,你在这儿歇个把小时,然后我跟你一起上去好吗?
Robert here entered, and Bessie laid her sleeping child in the cradle and went to welcome him.
这时罗伯特进来了,贝茜把睡着的孩子放进摇篮,上去迎接他。