手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

加拿大总理告诉你 为什么不要移民加拿大(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I cant' believe this. I'm a politician!

我都不敢相信,我当上政治家了!
Un-f*cking-believable
真TM让人难以置信
You can see the excitement!
“看见我多激动了吗!”
Look at those hands. Are they small hands?
看看这双手。这是一双小手吗?
People want to move, people want to move to Canada.
大家都想移民了,大家都想移民到加拿大去了。
They're not acting like politicians, they're acting like middle school kids.
他们根本就不像一群政治家,他们的行为跟一群中学生一样幼稚。
If Donald Trump is President, it's going to be a really big disaster and I'll probably have to leave the country.
唐纳德·特朗普要是当上了总统,那我们就玩完儿了,我可能就要移民了。
Where would you go?
那你去哪儿呢?
I'm going to Canada.
去加拿大。
You're going to move to Canada?
你要移民到加拿大去?
I love Canada.
我爱加拿大。
28% of Americans say they'll move to Canada if Donald Trump is elected president,
28%的美国人都表示如果唐纳德·特朗普当上总统,他们就移民到加拿大去,
15% if Hillary is elected president.
而希拉里对应的数据是15%。
I agree, I would move too.
我同意,是我我也会走的。
We brought the immigration forms.
我们给他们拿了移民表格。
I have application forms for permanent residency in Canada.
我这里有申请在加拿大永久居住的申请表。
Would you fill them out?
你要来一张吗?
And they were like, hell yeah.
大家的反应都是,管他呢,那就填呗。
Like it would be a great reality show, like I would watch that show,
就好像摆在他们面前的是一场壮大的真人秀,他们愿意看一样,
it would be very well written, honestly, if it was a reality show, but it's real life.
如果这真是一场真人秀的话,那它的剧本肯定是很好的,但这TM就是现实啊。
I mean, I was shocked that people actually filled them out.
我想说的是,大家竟然真的填了表,这让我很震惊。
But what do we do now, what do we do with them?
那现在这些表怎么办?
Right. Yeah we didn't think about that.
是啊,这点我们倒没有想过。
There is one person we could ask.
我们倒是可以问问一个人。
You can't just text the Prime Minister.
你不会要直接给首相发短信吧。
Perfect day.
今天天气实在是太好了。
So glad to be here.
能来这里我很荣幸。
Justin Trudeau. Prime minister of Canada.
贾斯汀·特鲁多。加拿大总理。
Hearthrob phenom who rode a wave of flowers and sunshine to victory last fall.
去年秋天赢得了众人好评的国民老公。
He’s such a phenomenon that he inspired this: Could you run for President here?
以为他实在是太招人喜欢了,所以就有了下面这个问题:你能来竞选我们的总统吗?
No no no, you know what, you know what. I was trying to interview him.
不不不不不,你知道吗……你知道吗……我本来是要采访他的啊。
We will literally beg you. Please. Please. Please. Ok. Ok. Get up guys.
算我们求你了好吗。求你了求你了求你了。好吧,好吧。你们先起来。
I don't know if you noticed but I actually have a job and it's a pretty good one.
不知道你们知不知道,我在加拿大已经有工作了,而且是一份很好的工作。
Once I got him away from the thronging bros, I asked him about the impending 86.8 million Americans.
我好容易才让他从那群哥们儿中间脱身,一出来我就问他即将移民到美国的8680万美国人怎么办。
That's like so many millions of Americans, just like....
想去你国家的美国人实在是太多太多了,所以......
If you remember George W Bush's election, George W Bush's reelection, especially,
不知道你还记不记得乔治·W·布什当选时的情形,又特别是他连任时的情形,
there was a lot of people saying, "Oh, no. If he gets elected again I'm moving to Canada."
那个时候就有很多人说,“不是吧。他要是连任了,我就搬到加拿大去。”
Then other people were saying the same thing around Obama and Obama's reelection.
后来,奥巴马当选以及连任的时候,其他人也是这么说的。
But, you know, if you actually look at what happens after elections, the immigration numbers don't necessarily spike.
但如果你真的了解选举之后的情况,那你就会发现移民数字并没有飙升。
So we've actually talked to New Yorkers. Do you mind if I share their messages with you?
话说,其实我们已经和《纽约客》沟通过了。你要不要看下我们街访的视频?
Hey Prime Minister Trudeau.
首相特鲁多您好。
Please help us. Please help us.
求你棒棒我们。帮帮我们吧。
If you can grant me refugee status from Donald Trump, I'm totally going to move to your country.
如果你能给我发难民证,我绝对会搬到你的国家的。
Let all Americans come to Canada so we can be safe, happy and free.
请允许我们所有美国人都搬到加拿大吧,这样我们就可以安全,快乐和自由了。
You had a quote that your cabinet is diverse because it's 2016,
你曾经说过,你的内阁包容性很强,因为这都已经是2016年了,
like that's the kind of thing we need, we need to move forward and be more inclusive. so...
我们也需要那样的政府,我们也应该向前看,应该更包容,所以……
Move that border we don't want no border between us anymore,
把我们之间的国境取消了吧,那玩意儿我们已经不需要了,
we don't want that, we want one country, one nation, one president.
我们不要那个,我们要一个国家,一个总统。
If things go rogue, you know, in that bad direction...
如果这边真的失控了,
Save us.
救救我们。
Save us from Trump.
让我们离开特朗普。
Please save us. Thank you.
救救我们吧。谢谢。
3

What do you make of that?

你怎么看?
This actually gives me tremendous confidence.
这实际上给了我巨大的信心。
Really? Yeah.
是吗?是的。
Because people are realizing, you know, that this election does matter, and they have strong opinions,
因为人们已经意识到,这次选举确实重要,他们有强烈的意见,
and people who might not have thought about voting are now going to make sure that their voices get heard,
那些原本可能没有考虑投票的人现在也在想方设法发出自己的声音了,
and they're going to make sure that the government that gets elected in the United States reflects their values and their priorities,
确保选出的政府反映他们的价值观和他们眼中的头等大事,
and that's what democracy is supposed to be all about.
这恰好就是民主原本应有的内涵。
We had, you know, difficult, discussions in our election campaign, we've had challenges around all sorts of things,
你知道,我们在竞选活动中进行了艰难的讨论,我们也遇到了各种各样的挑战,
and I think the sense is that we're a place that has been able to work through it and work it out a little bit better than some other places,
我想,我们的努力表明了我们国家成功地渡过了那些难关,我们国家的结局比其他地方稍微好一点,
because Canada is one of countries that figured out a fair while ago
因为加拿大也已经在很久以前就弄明白了,
that differences and diversity are actually a source of strength, not a source of weaknesses,
差异和多样性实际上是力量的源泉,而不是弱点的来源,
and when you draw people together with a whole bunch of different perspectives, but a similar desire to succeed and create a good future for themselves and their neighbors,
而且,当你带着同样的对成功的渴望,用完全不同的方式将大家凝聚起来,为他们以及他们身边的人创造美好未来的时候,
there's a lot of good things that happen.
一连串的好事就会接踵而至。
Not many countries beat Canada in terms of immigration.
在移民数量上,没有几个国家能赛过加拿大。
1 in 5 Canadians weren't born there and I out of 10 refugees resettled across the world is resettled in Canada.
加拿大有五分之一的人口都不是在加拿大出生的,而且,全世界重新定居下来的难民中每十个人就有一个是重新定居在加拿大的。
And yet all of this diversity is not causing the chaos that many people feared.
然而,所有这些多样性并没有像许多人担忧的那样引发混乱。
And that diversity now shows up in its leadership.
现在,这种多样性已经蔓延到了这个国家的领导层。
One of the first things that Justin Trudeau did as Prime Minister was design a diverse cabinet of an equal amount of men and women.
贾斯汀·特鲁多上任后的第一件事就是组建了一个男女人数相同的多元化内阁。
So what would the world look like if every cabinet or every office was 50/50.
那么,如果每个内阁或每个办公室男女人数比例都是1:1的话,世界会变成什么样子?
First of all, citizens around the world would be more comfortable that their issues might be noticed and taken seriously.
首先,世界各地的公民会更加放心,他们的问题就有可能被注意到并被认真对待。
I mean, quite frankly we need a new set of solutions.
我的意思是,坦率地说,我们是需要一套新的解决方案的。
I mean, if we know that Einstein was right,
我想说的是,如果我们知道爱因斯坦是对的,
the problems we have created for ourselves can't be solved at the same level of thinking that created those problems,
我们给自己带来的问题无法在引起这些问题的同一思维层面得到解决,
well, I mean, we need to try a different approach that's much more heterogeneous in our decision making.
那么,在进行决策的时候,我们就得尝试其他更加异质的方式去解决问题。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
inspired [in'spaiəd]

想一想再看

adj. 有创见的,有灵感的

联想记忆
cabinet ['kæbinit]

想一想再看

n. 橱柜,内阁
adj. 私人的

联想记忆
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆
impending [im'pendiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 逼迫的,迫切的,即将发生的 动词impend的

联想记忆
rogue [rəuɡ]

想一想再看

n. 流氓;小淘气;凶猛的离群兽;(尤指植物的)劣种 v

 
source [sɔ:s]

想一想再看

n. 发源地,来源,原始资料

 
diverse [dai'və:s]

想一想再看

adj. 不同的,多种多样的

联想记忆
border ['bɔ:də]

想一想再看

n. 边界,边境,边缘
vt. 与 ... 接

 
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。