I am so glad that you have all that energy.
很高兴大家都能量满满的
You do, right? You have the energy.
是这样吧 大家都很兴奋
Me too. I have a lot of energy, because I went to Starbucks for coffee this morning.
我也是 我很有精力 因为我早上在星巴克喝了咖啡
And usually I send my assistant, but I gave him the day off so he could wash the deck and do dry cleaning.
通常我都会让助理去给我买回来 不过今天我准他假了 让他把露台清洗一下 好干洗衣服
But I saw something at Starbucks that really confused me,
不过我在星巴克看到了一些让我很困惑的现象
even more confusing than the fact that a tall should mean big, but it means small,
比用高表示小
and a grande should mean large, but it means medium.
用大表示中等还让人困惑的现象
All that confuses me. But here's what I saw.
我很晕 这就是我看到的
There's a bin with a place for cups and lids, a place for newspapers and magazines,
这有个箱子 一个地方是扔杯子和盖子 一个地方扔报纸和杂志
and a place for bottles, cans, glass, and plastic, even though a cup is paper,
还有一个地方扔瓶瓶罐罐以及玻璃和塑料 虽然杯子是纸质的
the sleeve is cardboard, and the lid is plastic.
杯身是硬纸 盖子是塑料的
Then there's another bin and it says landfill on one side and recycle on the other side,
还有一个箱子 一边写着填埋垃圾 另一边写着可回收垃圾
and it says cups, aluminum, glass, paper, and plastic on one side,
回收这边还标着杯子 铝制品 玻璃 纸和塑料
even though those things were separate on the other bin.
虽然另一个垃圾桶上标的这些东西是要分开扔的
And it says everything else on the other side, even though there are cups on both sides.
另一边标着所有东西 虽然两边都写有杯子
So everyone stares at it for a few seconds trying to figure out what to do, and then everyone ends up doing this.
所以大家都会楞一会儿 不知道该怎么扔 最后他们的选择是这样的
And then on the side of the bin it says compost, which wasn't even an option before.
箱子旁边写着混合物 以前根本就没有这个分类
And then I saw another Starbucks that had this.
然后我又看到另一家星巴克有这个东西
OK, so it had in addition to the options, they have labeled cell phones.
好 除了各种分类以外 还专门给手机弄了个类别
You see that on the end there?
大家看到最左边那个箱子了吗?
They're trying to get me all mixed up, so in my confusion I throw my iPhone away.
他们想迷惑我 让我在迷茫中把苹果手机丢进去
Yeah, nice try Starbucks, no.
嗯 想得美呀星巴克 才不会呢
I mean, I'm all for helping the environment, but this is like an SAT question.
我是想保护环境的 可这简直就是道高考题啊
Like, if all recycling is garbage, but not all garbage is recycling, all cups contain paper,
如果所有可回收物都是垃圾 但并不是所有垃圾都是可回收物 所有杯子都含有纸
but not all paper is compost, which hole is for the dirty plastic straws.
但并不是所有纸都是混合物 那么脏的塑料吸管应该属于哪一类
Did you figure it out? I think the answer is 36. I don't know.
大家能弄懂吗?我觉得答案应该是36 我不知道
I know this is a small way of cleaning things up,
我知道这只是清理垃圾的一个小举动
but please throw your trash in the right bin and please mark the bins clearly.
但请大家把垃圾扔在正确的垃圾箱里 请把垃圾箱的分类标明确点
When I was a kid it was simpler.
我小时候 这些都很简单多了
There was a can for trash, there was a can for recycling,
就一个垃圾箱 可回收物箱
a can for cigarettes, and a spittoon from my chewing tobacco.
一个扔烟头的垃圾箱 还有扔嚼用烟草的痰盂