'Harry! Harry ... wake up ...' Lupin was tapping Harry hard on the face.
“哈利!哈利……醒来……”卢平用力拍哈利的脸。
This time it was a minute before Harry understood why he was lying on a dusty classroom floor.
这次哈利在一分钟以后才明白自己为什么躺在满是灰尘的教室地板上。
'I heard my dad,' Harry mumbled.
“我听见我爸的声音了,”哈利低声咕哝道,
'That's the first time I've ever heard him — he tried to take on Voldemort himself, to give my mum time to run for it ...'
“这是我第一次听到他——他设法自己对抗伏地魔,让我妈有时间逃……”
Harry suddenly realised that there were tears on his face mingling with the sweat.
哈利突然明白自己脸上泪水和汗水混在了一起。
He bent his face low as possible, wiping them off on his robes, pretending to do up his shoelace, so that Lupin wouldn't see.
他尽量低头,在袍子上擦干泪水和汗水,假装是在系鞋带,不让卢平看见。
'You heard James?' said Lupin, in a strange voice.
“你听到詹姆了?”卢平问,声音很怪。
'Yeah ...' Face dry, Harry looked up. 'Why — you didn't know my dad, did you?'
“是的……”脸擦干了,哈利抬起头。“啊——你不认识我爸,对不对?”
'I — I did, as a matter of fact,' said Lupin. 'We were friends at Hogwarts.
“我——说实话,我认识,”卢平说,“在霍格沃茨我们是朋友。
Listen, Harry — perhaps we should leave it here for tonight.
听着,哈利——也许我们今天应该到此为止。
This charm is ridiculously advanced ... I shouldn't have suggested putting you through this ...'
这种魔咒太高深了……我不应该建议你经历这些事情……”
'No!' said Harry. He got up again.
“不!”哈利说。他又站了起来。
'I'll have one more go! I'm not thinking of happy enough things, that's what it is ... hang on ...'
“我要再试一次!我想的事情不够快乐,所以才会这样子……坚持下去……”
He racked his brains. A really, really happy memory ... one that he could turn into a good, strong Patronus ...
他又搜索枯肠。真正快乐的回忆……他能够使之化为一个好的、强大的守护神的回忆……
The moment when he'd first found out he was a wizard, and would be leaving the Dursleys for Hogwarts!
他第一次发现自己是巫师,而且要离开德思礼一家到霍格沃茨来上学!
If that wasn't a happy memory, he didn't know what was ...
如果这还不是快乐的回忆的话,他就不知道什么才是快乐的回忆了……
concentrating very hard on how he had felt when he'd realised he'd be leaving Privet Drive,
他努力回忆他知道自己要离开德思礼家时的感觉,
Harry got to his feet and faced the packing case once more.
哈利站起来,再次面对那个包装箱。