However at the same time consistency is a very important value to me.
但是,与此同时,言行一致在我看来是非常重要的品格
I'm less likely to change my rigidity because they are associated in my mind.
我反而不容易去改变自己的古板,因为在我的意识里,它们是相互关联的
And yeah, I don't want to be rigid. But at the same time subconscious talking here.
对,我不想要古板下去了。同时我潜意识里有个小人却在说
I want to be consistent. Don't let go of this rigidity because I couple them, I associate them together.
我想要言行一致,别摆脱古板,因为我把两者结合起来了,我把两者联系在一起了
Not wanting to get rid of one because I don't want the baby out with the bath water.
因此不想舍其一,因为我不想把婴儿和洗澡水一起倒掉
And to me they are linked.
对于我来说两者是紧密相连的
The same with gullibility and trustworthiness. We can say that the other side of gullibility someone who's trustworthy.
同理,还有轻信和值得信赖。这两种品质,可以说,值得信赖的人,另一方面很容易轻信别人,这种性格
Now going to the extreme. I become gullible.
极端化以后,人会变得容易轻信别人
However I don't get rid of my gullibility because I don't want to also get rid of my trustworthiness.
然而,我却不想丢掉轻信别人的习惯,因为同时我不想丢掉我值得信赖的优点
Same with grim. I may be grim but that's also subconsciously a sign of my seriousness.
同样的例子还有冷酷,我的冷酷,可能在潜意识里正反映出我的严肃认真
You know for years, literally years, when I've been thinking and writing and analyzing the notion of perfectionism,
很多年来,真的是很久以来,我在思考分析,并写了很多关于完美主义的东西
I couldn't understand why it didn't get better, for very long time.
我不能理解为什么我自身的情况长久以来并未好转
Because I knew perfectionism was hurting me, I read the research, I look through personal experiences.
因为我知道自己深受完美主义其害,我读了研究报告,反省个人经历
I knew it was hurting me in terms of my well-being for sure, but also in the long term in terms of my success.
我知道完美主义对我百害无益,有损于我的健康,从长远来看,也阻挠我成功
And yet I couldn't get rid of perfectionism until I read the study.
但是我却摆脱不了它,直到我读了这个报告
And I asked myself, 'OK, so what is the counterpart to perfectionism? 'OK What's tied in my mind?
于是,我问自己,与完美主义相对应的是什么呢?在我的意识里,它和什么联系在一起