Now, the data shows that Syrian organizations carry out 75 percent of the humanitarian work in Syria.
由叙利亚一些组织开展研究表明,有75%的人道主义人士在叙利亚工作。
Yet, they receive 0.3 percent of the Syria aid budget.
然而,他们仅获得了叙利亚支助的预算的0.3%。
And what's more, the same is happening across the crises of the world.
此外,同样的情况也发生在其他的遭受灾难的国家中。
I have witnessed this reality.
我见证过这个事实。
It means those with the knowledge, skill and ability to respond on the front lines
那些有学识、专业技能、能力,能奔赴救援前线的人,
have little of the necessary tools, equipment and resources they need to save lives.
却没有相应的工具、装备、资源去拯救生命。
It means groups like IDA don't have funds to rebuild their hospital.
这也意味着像IDA那样的团体,没有足够的资金去重建他们的医院。
The humanitarian system is failing the most vulnerable communities in their darkest hours.
人道主义体制在那些易受攻击的社区最困难的时候是失败的。
Now, at the time of receiving that message, I was on sabbatical from my clinical work, setting up CanDo,
在我收到那则信息的时候,那时候正好是公休日,我正设置着CanDo,
a start-up determined to address this imbalance and enable local responders to provide health care to their war-devastated communities.
这是一个能解决这种不平衡的系统,也能让当地的救援力量给那些遭受战争破坏的社区提供医疗帮助。
We had devised a simple model: source trusted and impactful local groups,
我们设计了一个简单的模型:信任的来源以及有影响力的团体,
support their development through an accelerator program and connect them to you via our crowdfunding platform,
通过激励的项目支持他们的发展,然后通过我们众筹平台将你与它们联系在一起,
where they can fund-raise for their health needs.
在那里,他们可以在平台上根据他们健康需求募资。
So when IDA asked for help, I decided to launch CanDo seven months early, with very little money,
当IDA寻求帮助时,我决定提前几个月上线CanDo,那时我们的资金很少,
and many people, including myself, thought I had finally gone mad.
许多人,包括我自己在内,都认为我最终还是疯了。
I wanted to do something that transformed our collective anger into something beautiful.
我想做一些事情,能将我们愤怒的情感,转换为美好的事物。