An ice instrument has the purity and the clarity of the heavenly realm.
冰雕乐器有着天国般的纯净和明净。
It's not of the earth in the way that a wooden instrument would be.
它没有木制乐器那种人间烟火气。
There's so much potential in ice as an acoustic material.
冰作为一种声学材料有着巨大的潜力。
My name is Tim Linhart, and I am the founder of ice music.
我是提姆·林哈特,是“冰雪音乐”的创始人。
Ice music is the music that we make on this orchestra of ice instruments.
“冰雪音乐”是我们用这些冰雕乐器演奏的音乐。
The idea first came to me about 21 years ago.
我第一次想到这个主意是在21年前。
I was an ice sculptor for many years.
我做了很多年的冰雕。
Decided one of my sculptures I'd like to build a giant violin.
当时,我灵机一动,便想雕一个巨大的小提琴。
And I had a friend who was building guitars and he just asked the question:
我有个朋友是做吉他的,他看到我雕的小提琴就问我:
Gee, I wonder how that one's gonna sound?
我天,不知道那个小提琴拉出来的音乐会是什么样?
And that question has swallowed much of the rest of my life.
从那以后,我的生活基本上就都在围绕这个问题转了。
The instruments are made of white ice, which is a mixture of snow and water.
我们的乐器都是由雪和水的混合物——白冰制成的。
It's filled with snowflakes and air bubbles and all kind of different things going on.
里面充满了雪花,气泡,还有各种各样的东西。
To make a single instrument, a violin, or viola here, the ice part takes about five or six days.
雕一件乐器,比如一把小提琴,或者是后面这种中提琴,凿冰的环节一般需要5~6天的时间。
I can probably build the whole orchestra, here, in about seven or eight weeks.
雕出一个管弦乐队所用的所有乐器差不多需要7~8周。
We have violins, violas, cellos, bass, guitars, mandolins, banjos, drums, and xylophone.
我们雕的有小提琴、中提琴、大提琴、低音提琴、吉他、曼陀林、班卓琴、鼓和木琴。
Hold, hold, grazie.
保持住,保持住,谢谢大家。
Ice music is not just classical music or experimental music, it's a wide variety of different things.
冰雪音乐不止是古典音乐或实验音乐,而是各种不同的东西的一个融合。
This winter we'll put on about 45 concerts.
今年冬天,我们将举办45场左右的音乐会。
The concert hall has a specific design, it's one giant ice cave.
我们的音乐厅设计也很特别,它是一个巨大的冰洞。
The igloo, right now, is 10 degrees fahrenheit.
冰屋现在的温度是10度(约-12℃)。
It's definitely an issue in ice music that people's fingers get cold.
大家的手指会被冻僵,这确实是一个问题啦。
People play with a variety of different kinds of gloves.
所以大家会戴各种各样的手套。
Some people play barehanded,
但有些人还是会光着手演奏啦,
but for me the temperature is, you know, the thing that I really need to make ice music work.
但是对我来说,你知道的,要搞这个冰雪音乐,这种低温就是必不可少的。
So many people just cannot wrap their brain around a piece of ice making a sound, or a beautiful sound.
很多人根本无法想象一块儿冰能发出怎样的声音,能发出怎样美妙的音乐。
When they come in to the ice concert hall,
所以当他们来到冰雪音乐厅的时候,
they're just very, very pleasantly surprised and that releases a real, kind of, a high for people.
他们就会感到非常非常惊喜,大家的情绪就会变得非常非常高。
And then, wow, it's amazing.
就会觉得,“哇,太神奇了”。