Eventually, I noticed that the language was getting a little better, day by day.
最后,我注意到我的乐感一天比一天好了。
A soundtrack was coming back.
我能听见背景音乐了。
All the music that you hear, in the elevator, out of people's cars,on TV--
你听到的所有音乐,在电梯里,人们的车里或是电视里传出来的音乐——
All these things were slowly creeping back into my life, and I was elated.
所有这些音乐又都慢慢地回到了我的生活里,我高兴地不得了。
Hi. Hey. You look good. How's it going? Good.
嗨。嘿。看起来挺好啊。恢复得怎么样?挺好的。
What are you doing today?
你今天有什么安排?
So this is what I have up right now.
已经弄成这个样子了。
These are all from the same take,
这些都是取自于同一个录音,
but I had to mix them all differently 'cause depending on what note you sing,
但我要用不同的方式把它们混合到一起,因为这取决于你唱的是什么音符,
those frequencies would jump out more.
这些频率出现的几率会更多。
When I went to open my computer to be like, OK, this is the time, it's my time to shine. I'm gonna try making a new song.
当我打开电脑的,决定“好了,是时候了,是我发光的时候了。我要试着写一首新歌了,”的时候,
It was awful, it was garbage, it didn't sound good at all.
结果却很糟糕,简直就是垃圾,一点都不好好。
I didn't know how to make music anymore.
我一进不知道如何创作音乐了。
I figured if everything else came back, this would come back.
我以为其他的都回来了,创作的能力也会回来。
Let's try re-recording one of your leads for our song. Cool.
我们试着再重录一下你主音的部分。好呀。
And see if we can like breathe in some new life.
看我们能不能注入一些新的生命。
Sounds good.
感觉不错。
I'm gonna start from the--
我准备从……
People think I had to relearn how to make music;
大家以为我必须重新学习如何制作音乐;
I didn't have to relearn it. I just had to wait for it to come back.
但其实我并不需要重新学习。我只要等它回来就可以了。
But I'll play like a couple bars before it goes in.
进之前我先弹几个小节。
Fast forward just like a week or two weeks,
再往后一两个星期,
I was able to make the very first song that ended up on my most recent album.
我已经能够创作我最新专辑中的第一首歌了。
Cool! That was great. Cool!
太棒了!非常棒。太棒了!
Another element of the song are these little vocal samples.
这首歌的另一个元素就是这些声音小样。
They are not words, they don't mean anything. It's just effects.
它们不是文字,也没有任何意义。就是些效果。
It is having the beauty of a person's voice without them distracting you with words,
采用优美的人声,又避免了让话语分散你的注意力,
and these songs essentially make themselves and, even I'm surprised at the end how they come to feel, like I had no idea I'd end up making a song like this.
这些歌曲基本上都有他们自己的个性。就连我自己都对最后的效果感到很惊讶。连我自己都不知道我最终会创作出这样一首音乐。
For me, as a musician, I always wanna innovate.
对我来说,作为音乐人,我一直都想创新。
I don't wanna be making the same type of music as everyone else, 'cause then, why would people need to listen to my music?
我不想和其他人做一样的音乐,因为那样的话,大家干嘛还要听我的音乐?
After the brain surgery, the one thing that changed was my philosophical approach.
做完脑外科手术,我唯一改变的就是我的人生哲学吧。
Once you're faced with the fact that you might die,
一旦可能会死的事实摆在你面前,
you realize, I don't wanna live my life for anyone else but myself.
你就会意识到,你只想为自己而活。
I wanna be the kind of artist that creates her own vision for herself, no matter what it is that I do.
我想成为一名自己创造自己的视野,无论我做什么,我想成为这样的艺术家。
And I wanna know that each day I live, I feel fulfilled.
想知道我活着的每一天都是充实的。