Conversation A
对话A
Alex: Hi, Taylor. You look upset.
阿莱克斯:嗨,泰勒。你看起来很不开心。
Taylor: I am! I got a speeding ticket this morning!
泰勒:是啊!我今天早上得到了一张超速罚单。
Alex: Oh no! What happened?
阿莱克斯:哦,不!什么情况?
Taylor: I was driving to work. And I was driving a little too fast.
泰勒:我开车去上班。然后开的稍微快了一点。
Alex: How fast?
阿莱克斯:有多快?
Taylor: I was going 45 mph on Center Street.
泰勒:我在中心街开到了45英里/小时。
Alex: The speed limit on Center Street is 35 mph.
阿莱克斯:中心街的限速是35英里/小时。
Taylor: I know. So a police officer gave me a speeding ticket.
泰勒:是啊。所以一名警察给我开了一张超速罚单。
Conversation B
对话B
Alex: How much is the ticket?
阿莱克斯:罚款多少钱?
Taylor: Which one?
泰勒:哪一张?
Alex: Which one? You got more than one?
阿莱克斯:哪一张?你不止得了一张啊?
Taylor: Yes. When the police officer stopped me, I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I also got a ticket for that.
泰勒:是啊。当警察拦下我的时候,我没系安全带。我为此又吃了一张罚单。
Alex: That's bad.
阿莱克斯:太遭了。
Taylor: Well, I broke the law. The two tickets will cost me $150. But something else was really embarrassing.
泰勒:嗯,我违反了规则。这两张罚单一共花了我150美元。但是还有更让人尴尬的。
Alex: What?
阿莱克斯:怎么了?
Taylor: Officer Carl gave me the tickets!
泰勒:给我开罚单的是卡尔警官!