"The truest love that ever heart
从燃烧着的心窝,
Felt at its kindled core,
感受到了最真诚的爱,
Did through each vein, in quickened start,
把生命的潮流,
The tide of being pour.
欢快地注进每根血管。
Her coming was my hope each day,
每天,她的来临是我的希望,
Her parting was my pain;
她的别离是我的痛苦。
The chance that did her steps delay
她脚步的偶尔延宕,
Was ice in every vein.
使我的每根血管成了冰窟。
I dreamed it would be nameless bliss, As I loved, loved to be;
我梦想,我爱别人,别人爱我,是一种莫名的幸福。
And to this object did I press
朝着这个目标我往前疾走,
As blind as eagerly.
心情急切,又十分盲目。
But wide as pathless was the space That lay our lives between,
谁知在我们两个生命之间,横亘着无路的广漠。
And dangerous as the foamy race
白茫茫湍急而又危险,
Of ocean-surges green.
犹如翻江倒海的绿波。
And haunted as a robber-path
犹如盗贼出没的小路,
Through wilderness or wood;
穿过山林和荒漠。
For Might and Right, and Woe and Wrath,
强权和公理,忧伤和愤怒,
Between our spirits stood.
使我们的心灵两相隔膜。
I dangers dared; I hindrance scorned; I omens did defy:
艰难险阻,我毫不畏惧,种种凶兆,我敢于蔑视。
Whatever menaced, harassed, warned, I passed impetuous by.
一切骚扰、警告和威胁,我都漠然处置。
On sped my rainbow, fast as light;
我的彩虹如闪电般疾驰,
I flew as in a dream;
我在梦中飞翔。
For glorious rose upon my sight
光焰焰横空出世,
That child of Shower and Gleam.
我眼前是阵雨和骄阳。
Still bright on clouds of suffering dim Shines that soft, solemn joy;
那温柔庄严的欢欣,仍照耀着灰暗苦难的云雾。
Nor care I now, how dense and grim Disasters gather nigh.
尽管阴森险恶的灾难已经逼近,这会儿我已毫不在乎。
I care not in this moment sweet,
在这甜蜜的时刻我已无所顾忌,
Though all I have rushed o'er
虽然我曾冲破的一切险阻,
Should come on pinion, strong and fleet,
再度展翅迅猛袭击,
Proclaiming vengeance sore:
宣布要无情地报复。
Though haughty Hate should strike me down,
尽管高傲的憎恨会把我击倒,
Right, bar approach to me,
公理不容我上前分辩。
And grinding Might, with furious frown,
残暴的强权怒火中烧,
Swear endless enmity.
发誓永与我不共戴天。
My love has placed her little hand
我的心上人带着崇高的信赖,
With noble faith in mine,
把她的小手放在我的手里。
And vowed that wedlock's sacred band Our nature shall entwine.
宣誓让婚姻的神圣纽带,把我们两人紧系在一起。
My love has sworn, with sealing kiss,
我的心上人用永不变心的一吻,
With me to live -- to die;
发誓与我生死同受。
I have at last my nameless bliss.
我终于得到了莫名的幸福,
As I love -- loved am I!"
我爱别人--一别人也爱我。