Every time I dance, I try to do my best and I give the most
每次跳舞,我都会尽全力,都会倾尽所有,
because living in the war taught me maybe this time, it will be the last dance for you.
因为生活在战乱之中教会了我,这次说不定就是你最后一次跳舞了。
Maybe you will be killed in a bomb or a bullet or something when you leave the studio.
说不定你离开练功房的时候,就会被炸弹或子弹之类的东西炸死。
So every time I would give my best and live it to the most.
所以每次我都会尽我最大的努力,争取发挥最好的状态。
Ahmad Joudeh was born in the Yarmouk Camp, a refugee camp for Palestinians in Syria.
艾哈迈德·朱代出生于雅穆克难民营,这是叙利亚境内的一个为巴勒斯坦人准备的难民营。
Despite his tumultuous surroundings, he found escape in a hobby uncommon in his culture.
尽管周围的环境动荡不安,艾哈迈德还是在巴勒斯坦文化中并不常见的一种兴趣上找到了慰藉。
I saw dance for the first time when I was a child-8 years old,
在我8岁那年,我第一次接触到了舞蹈,
cause I was fascinated by their movements and by the music that they are moving on.
我被他们的动作和他们跟着舞动的音乐深深地吸引了。
I learned how to dance through videos on YouTube,
我是通过YouTube上的视频学会跳舞的,
and I was doing this every day in my room secretly
而且我每天都要在我自己的房间里偷偷地跳,
because dancing in my culture, especially for a man, it's something to be ashamed of.
因为在我的文化中,跳舞,尤其是对一个男人来说,是一件让人不耻的事情。
My life was in danger when I was in Syria because I was a dancer
就因为我跳舞,我在叙利亚的时候过得是朝不保夕,
and that's because of the extremist people who came into our country
因为那些极端分子进入了我们的国家之后,
and then I start to receive all these messages or phone calls or those kind of things that telling me they want to cut my head,
我就开始接到各种威胁信息啊电话什么的,说他们想砍我的头,
and that's why I had my tattoo dance or die on my neck
这也是我为什么要在脖子上纹“要么跳,要么死”的原因。
cause I carry my life on my neck.
因为我就把我的命系在我的脖子上了。
And if they would've killed me,
如果他们要杀我,
I wanted it to be the last thing they can see from me,
我希望这是他们能从我身上看到的最后一件东西,
so it's dance or die.
所以,“要么跳,要么死”。
While in Syria,
还在叙利亚的时候,
Ahmad went on to receive formal dance training and would post videos of his dancing
艾哈迈德后来接受了正式的舞蹈培训,还将他的舞蹈视频传到了网上,
and was eventually discovered by a documentary filmmaker from Holland who wanted to tell his story.
最终他的视频被荷兰的一位纪录片制片人发现了,于是,这位制片人就萌发了讲述艾哈迈德的故事的念头。
The film was seen by the Dutch National Ballet, who offered him a scholarship.
纪录片又被荷兰国家芭蕾舞团看到了,舞团便为艾哈迈德提供了奖学金。
He has since gone on to perform all over Europe.
此后,艾哈迈德一直在欧洲各地巡演。
We are here in Kilden Theater talking about social media.
这次我们来到了基尔登剧院,要讨论的主题是社交媒体。
In this production, I'm acting myself because social media played the most important role in saving my life in my story;
在这部作品中,我演的就是我自己,因为在我的故事里,社交媒体在拯救我生命的过程中扮演的角色是最重要的;
because through social media, I was seen and I was rescued.
因为就是通过社交媒体,我才被大家看到,才获救的。
What made me keep dancing and keep on doing what am I doing even 'til today
一直以来我之所以能坚持跳舞,坚持做我想做的事,
because I believe the artist has the same duty like the soldier to fight for his country
是因为我相信,艺术家和士兵一样有责任保卫他的祖国,
and the artist can fight for culture and for art and for history.
艺术家可以保卫文化、保卫艺术,保卫历史。
And if we don't have art and culture in our countries, what are we fighting for?
如果我们的国家没有了艺术和文化,那我们要为什么而战?
Away from dance, I am nothing, and I have nothing.
除了舞蹈,我谁也不是,也一无所有。
All I have is dance, and all I am is the dancer.
我只有舞蹈,我也只是一个舞者。
Then maybe in the far future, sometimes I see myself sitting in a chair as an old man in theater in Syria directing the Syrian National Ballet that I will find,
有时我会设想在遥远的未来,年迈的自己坐在叙利亚剧院的椅子上,指导叙利亚国家芭蕾舞团,
so I hope this dream will come true.
我希望这个梦想真的能够实现。