There's more to sight than just being able to see the crowd.
除了能看到人群之外,还有更多的东西。
You can definitely feel the atmosphere.
你完完全全可以感觉到现场的气氛。
there's a vibe in the air, there's the energy in the air, there's a sound.
空气里的律动,能量和声音。
It's amazing to hear the fans, especially when we were on the tunnel.
听到粉丝们的欢呼声感觉特别爽,尤其是在入场通道里的时候。
I'm Jake Wilson, I'm the long snapper of the University of Southern California Trojans.
我是杰克·威尔逊,是“南加州大学木马人”(USC Trojans)橄榄球队的发球员。
I'm completely blind, I have no eyes.
我双目完全失明了,相当于没有眼睛。
I went in to play football with the mentality that I had nothing to lose.
我已经没什么好损失的了,我就是抱着这种心态开始打球的。
long snapping is an art.
发球也是一门艺术。
You definitely have the mechanics, but a lot of it just feel,
当然有很多技巧了,但很多时候都是靠感觉的,
feeling that ball come off your fingertips in a spiral,
感觉球从你的指尖以螺旋的轨迹飞出去,
how hard you're throwing it, you know, where you're releasing it,
感觉发球的力度,从哪个位置发球,
just kind of getting that velocity, and in that in the accuracy.
才能得到这个速度,那个准确度。
Life's unfair, football's unfair,
生活是不公平的,橄榄球也是不公平的,
but at the same time, it's up to you of how far you want to take yourself.
但你想走多远是你自己说了算的。
When I was eight months old, I was diagnosed with a rare form of eye cancer called retinal blastoma.
八个月大的时候我就被诊断出患有一种罕见的眼癌,叫做“视网膜母细胞瘤”。
When the doctors found my cancer, it was completely taken over my left eye.
当医生发现我得了癌症的时候,我的左眼已经完全被肿瘤控制了。
So they almost immediately removed my left eye.
他们当即摘除了我的左眼。
From there on, you know, just a cycle of, you know, the cancer coming back, they would fight out with treatments...
从那时起,我的生活就变成了一个恶性循环,癌症复发,然后他们就给我治疗,然后再复发……
Doctors finally said listen, we've pretty much exhausted all all treatment options.
最后医生说,听着,所有的治疗方案我们差不多都已经做过了。
The safer option is just, you know, the removal of the eye.
更安全的办法是把右眼也摘了。
Growing up in the 2000s where coach Carroll was so dominant with USC, it was hard not to be a USC fan.
作为一名零零后,卡罗尔教练在USC又可谓是炙手可热,所以你很难不变成USC的粉丝。
I always loved football.
我一直都很喜欢橄榄球。
I continued to play flag football my eighth grade year after losing my sight.
失明后我继续打腰旗橄榄球一直到了八年级。
It was not anything close to tackle football.
那种橄榄球跟会发生肢体碰撞的冲撞式橄榄球是完全不一样的。
As I entered high school, I decided not to play football for my freshman and sophomore year,
进入高中以后,我决定高一高二两年不打橄榄球了,
it really was something that I didn't think I could do.
因为我真的觉得我掌握不了。
But eventually my love of the game really overcame any doubts, and I learned how to be an asset.
但最终我对这项运动的热爱战胜了我所有的疑虑,我也学会了如何成为球队里一名有价值的球员。
I just love the camaraderie of football, I love being part of the team,
我就是喜欢橄榄球那种球员之间的兄弟情,我喜欢当球队的一员,
love putting on, you know, just the pads and the jersey and stuff,
喜欢穿上护垫和运动衫后的那种感觉,
and being part of the team what was enough just that to get me to try.
成为团队的一员,这一个理由就足以让我去尝试了。