"At one point, I was asked to become the administrator for the entire school," my mother told me.
“有一次,学校邀请我进入管理层,”我母亲告诉我,
"I said no, preferring to stay in the classroom and work with my students. I was exactly where I wanted to be."
“但我拒绝了,我更喜欢待在教室里和学生们在一起。我正在做的就是我想做的事。”
In 2003, my mother left the workforce to take care of her ailing parents.
2003年,我母亲离开职场照顾她年迈的父母。
She was sorry to leave her teaching career, but family has always been her top priority.
告别教学事业让她觉得很遗憾,但家庭对她来说永远是第一位的。
After my grandparents passed away, she reentered the workforce.
在我的外祖父母去世之后,她又回到了职场,
She founded Ear Peace: Save Your Hearing, a nonprofit to prevent noise-induced hearing loss in young people.
创立了“静耳:听力拯救”行动组织,这是一个非营利性组织,旨在预防青少年因噪音丧失听力。
At the age of sixty-five, she has returned to her love of teaching, running workshops and speaking to students from elementary to high school.
她终于在65岁时重新回到了自己热爱的教学事业之中,组织各种讨论会,为小学及中学的学生做演讲。
My mother has leaned in her entire life.
我的母亲一生都在积极进取。
She raised her children, helped her parents spend their final years in dignity and comfort,
她抚育孩子,为父母养老送终。
and continues to be a dedicated and loving wife, mother, and grandmother.
她是一位感情忠贞、充满爱心的妻子、母亲和祖母。
She has always contributed to her community and the world. She is my inspiration.
她总是在为他人默默地付出,她始终是我的精神动力。
My mother wants to see society achieve true equality.
我的母亲希望有一天社会能实现真正的平等。
She sees the barriers that women still face, but she also sees new opportunities.
她看到当今的女性仍然要面对很多障碍,同时也看到了很多新的机遇。
She believes that what I have achieved, and much more, is possible for many others. I agree.
她相信我做得到的,其他人也能做到,甚至能做得更多。我也这么认为。
And more important, so many women that I have encountered agree.
更重要的是,我遇到的很多女性也是这么想的。
Filled with energy, optimism, and self-confidence, they are scrambling along that jungle gym and moving toward their long-term dream.
她们充满活力、积极乐观、自信满满,在职场的方格架上努力地攀爬着,为实现她们的梦想不懈努力着。