地点:一家录像店
人物:理查德,莫妮卡
事件:莫妮卡在一家录像店偶遇理查德,两个人像朋友一样聊天。
剧情片段
Richard: You’ve got panties stuck to① your leg.
理查德:你的内裤黏在腿上了。
Monica: That’s because I–I was just grabbing some things out of the dryer, and it’s static cling. Or maybe it’s just ‘cause God knew I’d be running into② you and saw an opportunity.1
莫妮卡:因为我,我刚才从烘干机里拿出衣服,是静电。或者也许老天也知道我会遇见你,觉得这是一个机会。
Richard:It’s good to see you.
理查德:见到你真高兴。
Monica: It’s good to see you too. You see that guy? He’s in classics now..
莫妮卡:我也是。看到那家伙没有?他现在在“经典影片”区。
Richard:.2 This is nice.
理查德:这样真好。
Monica: Yeah.
莫妮卡:是啊。
Richard: I missed this.
理查德:我好怀念这种时光。
Monica: Me too.
莫妮卡:我也是。
Richard: So, you wanna get a hamburger or something?
理查德:想一起吃个汉堡什么的吗?
Monica: Oh, um, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.
莫妮卡:哦,嗯,我不知道这样好不好。
Richard: Oh. Look, just friends, I won’t grope you. I promise.
理查德:哦,只是朋友,我不会动手动脚的,我保证。
Monica: No, I just, I think it’s too soon.
莫妮卡:不,我只是,我觉得太快了。
Richard: No, it’s not too soon. I had lunch at a eleven.
理查德:不早啊,我11点吃的午餐。