Bill Gates himself weighed in at 10:46 that night.
比尔·盖茨在当晚10点46分发表了评论,
His subject line, "Apple's Jobs again," indicated his frustration.
标题是“还是苹果的乔布斯”,他的沮丧表露无遗。
"Steve Jobs's ability to focus in on a few things that count,
他说:“史蒂夫·乔布斯有种惊人的能力:把关注点放在真正有价值的地方,
get people who get user interface right, and market things as revolutionary are amazing things," he said.
能找来会做用户界面的人,以及革命性的营销手段。”
He too expressed surprise that Jobs had been able to convince the music companies to go along with his store.
他也非常惊讶于乔布斯能说服那么多唱片公司加人他的商店。
"This is very strange to me. The music companies' own operations offer a service that is truly unfriendly to the user.
“这在我看来很奇怪。音乐公司提供的服务都太不人性化了。
Somehow they decide to give Apple the ability to do something pretty good."
但不知为什么,他们却决定把这个绝好的机会让给苹果。”
Gates also found it strange that no one else had created a service that allowed people to buy songs rather than subscribe on a monthly basis.
还有一点让盖茨觉得奇怪:除了苹果之外,没有其他公司推出过购买歌曲的服务,而都是采用月度订阅的方式。
"I am not saying this strangeness means we messed up
他写道:“我说奇怪并不是指我们搞砸了,
at least if we did, so did Real and Pressplay and MusicNet and basically everyone else," he wrote.
至少,如果我们搞砸了,那么Real、PressPlay和MusicNet,甚至每个公司也都搞砸。
"Now that Jobs has done it we need to move fast to get something where the user interface and Rights are as good...
既然乔布斯已经做了,那我们就需要赶快去找一些同样好的用户界面、拿到同样好的版权...
I think we need some plan to prove that, even though Jobs has us a bit flat footed again,
我认为我们需要一些计划来证明自己,即使乔布斯又一次让我们措手不及,
we can move quick and both match and do stuff better."
我们也可以迅速行动起来,做出更好的东西。”