手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

97岁高龄的蓝色知更鸟守护者

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I am attracted to the bluebirds because of their beauty.

我是被蓝色知更鸟的美吸引到了。
My name is Al Larson.
我是艾·拉森。
I am 97 years old-or young.
今年97岁了或者才97岁。
These bluebirds are about 11 days old.
这些蓝色知更鸟才差不多11天大。
I've helped over 40,000 nestlings.
我帮助过的雏鸟大概有4万多只了。
Every living thing has just as much right to live as I do.
每一个生物和我的生存权都是平等的。
I'm a birdwatcher by choice, I guess.
我想,可以说我是一名自愿的护鸟人。
When I retired in the late '70s, that's 1970's, I came upon this article in National Geographic and I became aware of the plight of the bluebird.
我70年代末,我是说上世纪70年代末退休的时候,在《国家地理》上看到了一篇文章,继而意识到了蓝色知更鸟的困境。
Their population has been declining, and the importance of the nest box to the survival of the bluebirds,
它们的数量一直在下降,而巢箱对它们的生存非常重要,
and I thought, well, why don't I try that here?
所以我就想,我为什么不来试试?
So one of the first nest boxes I set up, a bluebird moved into it and immediately, hey, success.
结果,我搭好一个盒子,就有一只搬进去了,一下子就成功了。
I should put up more boxes.
我感觉应该多放些箱子。
Oh, this is a second nest.
哈,这是我做的第二个巢。
You can see different material built on top there.
可以看到,里面搭了很多层了。
Well, I'll go on to the next box now.
嗯,接着去检查下一个吧。
See what's going on there.
看看那边什么情况。
These nest boxes that I use are ones that I built at home.
这些巢箱我都是在家里做的。
I came up with a solution of building the box as simply as possible.
我想着尽可能地把这个盒子往简单里做。
Cheap to build, with just four sides, a bottom, and a roof.
制作成本低廉,就四个面,加一个底和一个顶。

1

Anybody could build it, even kids.

随便一个人,即使是孩子都做得出来。
Over the years I have added more than 350 nest boxes out.
这些年,我已经做了350多个了。
My bluebird trails cover quite an area in southwest Idaho.
我的足迹已经覆盖了爱达荷州西南部的大片地区。
Actually, I've got a trail in each of five different counties.
事实上,五个县的每个县我都走出了一条路了。
I monitor the boxes regularly to record the data of what goes on with the development of the nesting cycle of the bluebirds.
我会定期检查这些盒子的情况,记录那些鸟儿筑巢周期的变化情况。
I've shared my data with Boise State University, the Banding Laboratory at Patuxent, Maryland, and anybody else who requested.
我把我的数据分享给了博伊西州立大学,马里兰州帕图森特的班丁实验室以及其他任何需要这些数据的人。
Pretty little bluebird
漂亮的小小蓝色知更鸟
where do you go
你要去哪里
Come back, come back to me
回来吧,回到我身边
I'm going says the bird as he flew on high
小鸟一边往上飞一边说
To see if my color matches the sky
我想看看 我的颜色与天空是否相配
I'm gratified to know that I've helped the bluebirds increase their population.
很高兴能帮助扩大这种鸟的规模。
I'm gratified to know that through the work I've done
也很高兴我所做的工作
I've inspired many, many other people to help not only bluebirds, but other creatures as well.
激励了许许多多其他人加入帮助蓝鸟以及其他生物的队伍。
So maybe I've been put here to help our environment.
说以,说不定我就是上天派来保护我们的环境的。
My message is, you've got to be active if you're going to get old.
我想说的是,如果你想变老,你就必须积极地行动起来。
Don't crawl into a cocoon because you might not break out of it.
不要作茧自缚,因为你可能无法破茧而出。
So think about the future, and what you can do tomorrow.
所以,想想未来吧,想想明天你还能做什么。
Plan ahead.
提前做好打算。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
crawl [krɔ:l]

想一想再看

vi. 爬行,卑躬屈膝,自由式游泳
n. 爬行

 
cocoon [kə'ku:n]

想一想再看

n. 茧,茧状物, vt. 包围,包裹

联想记忆
declining [di'klainiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 下降的,衰落的 动词decline的现在分词

 
survival [sə'vaivəl]

想一想再看

n. 生存,幸存者

联想记忆
inspired [in'spaiəd]

想一想再看

adj. 有创见的,有灵感的

联想记忆
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全体)居民,人数

联想记忆
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。