送某人回家:
accompany someone home
walk/drive someone home
send:
1. to ask or tell someone to go somewhere, especially so that they can do something for you there
有目的地送某人去某地,以期待别人为你做某事
Sunny sent Jack to buy subway.
Sunny要强子去买赛百味。
2. to arrange for something to go or be taken to another place, especially by post
邮寄给某人某物
Sunny sent Jack flowers for Mother's Day.
Sunny给强子送了母亲节的花。
send something off 邮寄
to send something somewhere by post
I sent off the letter this morning.
我今天早上寄了信。
send-off 送行
a party or other occasion when people meet to say goodbye to someone who is leaving.
Before I went to travel, I had a big family send-off.
我出门旅游前,家人们都来送我。
a big send-off 欢送会
a happy celebration before departing.
I had a wonderful big send-off before I left.
我离开前度过了一个盛大的欢送会。
send chills up (one's) spine 毛骨悚然,背脊发冷
To cause an intense feeling of excitement, exhilaration, nervousness, or fear in one.
Can we get out of here? This creepy old house is sending chills up my spine!
我们能不能走啊,这个老房子真的要把我吓尿了。
send someone packing 打败某人,突然解雇某人。
I sent my enemy packing.
偶打败了偶的对手。
I couldn't stand him anymore, so I sent him packing.
我真的受不了他了,所以我把他开除了。
send ahead for something 提前做好准备
I will send ahead for a uber to meet us at the station.
我会提前叫一辆uber在车站等我们。
We sent ahead for room reservations at the hotel.
我们提前订好了酒店房间。
send (a) mixed message(s) 发送不清晰,令人误解困惑的信息。
My ex-girlfriend has accused me of sending mixed messages about our relationship, as if I'm trying to get back together with her.
我前女友说我给她发暧昧信息?说的好像我要和她复合哦!