What is that plant?
那是什么植物?
It's oregano. Your gardener gave it to me.
牛至。你的园丁给我的。
You're very popular.
你很受欢迎啊。
I just try to be myself.
我只想做我自己。
Whenever I try to be myself, people don't seem to like me very much.
每当我试图做我自己时,人们似乎都不太喜欢我。
Confidential Church documents were allegedly leaked to the press.
教会的机密文件据说被泄露给了媒体。
Alleging corruption and misconduct among the clergy.
指控神职人员腐败和行为不端。
I hope this business is not too distressing.
我希望这个行当不会太令人痛苦。
Does a shepherd run away when the wolves appear?
狼群出现时,牧羊人会逃跑吗
We are moving in directions I can no longer condone.
我们正朝着我再也不能容忍的方向前进。
I've struggled to do what must be done, but I've lost.
我努力去做必须做的事情,但我失败了。
Popes can't resign. If you do this, you will damage the papacy forever.
教皇不能辞职。如果你这样做,你将永远损害教皇的地位。
I can no longer sit on the Chair of Saint Peter.
我再也不能坐在圣彼得的椅子上了。
You're mistaken. You are... Silence!
你错了。你是...闭嘴!
I cannot play this role anymore.
我无法再继续扮演这个角色了。
There's a saying, 'God always corrects one pope by presenting the world with another pope.'
有句话说,“上帝总是通过向世界派送一个教皇,来纠正另一个教皇。”
I should... I'd like to see my correction.
我应该...我想看看我被纠正。
Reform needs a politician.
改革需要政治家。
The most important qualification for any leader is not wanting to be leader.
对于任何一个领导者来说,最重要的资格就是不想成为领导者。
It's not me who needs to be satisfied. It's 1.2 billion believers.
需要满足的不是我。而是12亿信徒。
You're the right person. The Church needs to change, and you could be that change.
你就是那个对的人。教会需要改变,你可以就是那个改变。
It could never be me.
绝对不能是我。
The grand doors have slammed shut and will remain so till the next pope has been chosen.
宏伟的大门已经关上,而且在选出下一任教皇之前仍将如此。
From that balcony up there.
从上面的那个阳台。
Nothing is static in nature. Not even God.
自然界中不存在静止的东西。即使上帝也是如此。
Where should we find him if he's always moving?
如果他一直在动,我们要如何找到他?
On the journey?
在旅途中?
Oh! Perhaps we'll find God over there, on the journey.
哦!说不定我们会在旅途中找到上帝。
I'll introduce you to him.
我会向他介绍你的。
Being pope, you must remember that you are not God. You're only human.
作为教皇,你必须记住你不是上帝。你只是个凡人。