It's hard to know exactly what's happening,
我们很难精确地了解现在大脑的状况
but what we do know is that the cells which connect nerve cells together and speed up the flow of information, dendrites,
不过我们初步知道连接神经并加速信息流动的细胞,树突,
may lose some of their connections in the lack of stimulation.
在缺乏刺激的情况下可能会损失部分连接通路。
We certainly know the converse is true,
科学界已经证明了其反命题的真实性,
that if you stimulate the brain, you increase the rate of dendritic growth and the number of connections.
如果我们刺激大脑,可以加快树突生长并产生新连接的速度
Just in the last sort of while I've been feeling agitated.
从刚才一小会儿开始我感觉很焦躁。
I don't really want to be here. I'd rather be doing other things.
我不想呆在这里。我情愿做其它事情。
Things are starting to get on my nerves, just the whole thing.
这整件事快开始把我逼疯了。
And I'm not feeling that great.
我感觉一点都不舒服。
Kind of being observed like some kind of helpless lab rat.
我像只无助的实验室老鼠一样被人观察。
I think it's been more challenging than he suspected.
我觉得他没有预计到实验会这么艰难。
As it's become increasingly sort of boring and increasingly sort of arduous, it's harder to cope
整个情况变得越来越无聊和难以忍受,越来越难应对,
and he's finding there's no other means that he can access to sort of help him cope.
他已经意识到没有外界因素能帮助他克服目前的处境。
Well, it's like I'm in a little submarine
我现在就像置身于一个潜水艇中,
and I'm getting closer and closer to the bottom of the ocean and so, like, the pressure...
我正在不断地向海底靠近,所以,压力...
That's the only analogy I can make.
这是我现在唯一能想到的比方。