The same behaviour afflicted Paris Carriger during the long years in solitary confinement.
巴里·卡里杰在他长期的单独监禁中被迫做出相同的行为。
I walked, paced, at a very quick pace... anywhere from 18 to 22 hours a day.
我来回走动,踱着快步,每天走18到22小时。
I would pace three steps forward, three steps back, and do that pivot, so that...
我会向前走三步,向后再三步,然后掉头...
I would reach a point where I couldn't stand to pivot because it hurt at every point.
最后我走完一程再也不想掉头了,因为我全身上下到处疼痛。
After 18 years in isolation, he was released when it was established that another man had committed the murder.
在被隔离了十八年后,他被释放了,因为有确凿证据表明杀人凶手另有其人。
However, the effects of isolation have remained with him.
但隔离已经给他造成了不可磨灭的影响。
Only recently do I realise what I paid for that solitary confinement.
直到最近我才意识到单独监禁给我带来的损失。
I have no ability with time whatsoever.
我对时间完全没了概念。
I can tell you whether I did something or did not do something, but I can't necessarily tell you in what order.
我可以告诉你我是否做过某事,但我不一定能说出先后次序。
I've lost the ablity to follow simple directions.
我失去了执行简单指令的能力。
I cannot function with anything that has too much in the way of information coming.
我不能有效地处理包含太多信息的任务。
I can't drive on a busy street.
我不能在拥挤的街道上开车。
In my opinion I have lost two-thirds of what was once my capability.
我觉得自己已经失去了原先2/3的能力。
I am now ten years out, it has not changed, so I conclude that this is permanent.
我出狱已经10年了,这种状况从未改变,因此我断定我所受的损害是永久性的。