George wrote his movies not just because it's fun to watch Harrison Ford fly through space with his furry co-pilot,
乔治写电影剧本,不仅仅是因为看哈里森·福特与他满面绒毛的大副飞越太空的画面很有趣,
but to really teach the values of society.
而是真的要传播一些社会价值观。
He crafted a story that offer a choice between being selfish and being compassionate.
他创作的故事提供了两种选择:自私或富有同情心。
He took a stand and made his beliefs clear:
他的立场很明确,并清楚表明了自己的看法:
that all the dark side can be more powerful and alluring; the light will bring more joy.
所有的阴暗面都可能更强大、更具诱惑力,但光明总会带来更多的欢乐。
Which brings me to my last equation: Love plus bravery equals happiness.
这引出了我要说的最后一个等式:爱加勇敢等于幸福。
A lot of graduation speeches once encourage you to be passionate about something.
很多毕业演讲都曾鼓励你们要对某样东西充满热情。
I'm going to encourage you to be passionate about someone.
我要鼓励你们对某个人充满热情。
Now, I'm going to be brave and talk about love.
现在,我要勇敢地谈一谈爱。
And I know for some of you just the word probably makes you squirm.
我知道单单是这个词就可能会让你们有些人坐立不安。
I get that. I was totally that way. For a long time, I avoided the subject.
我理解你们。因为我也完全是这样。很长一段时间,我对这一话题都避而不谈。
For me it was career, business. Those were my priorities.
对我来说,事业、生意才是我的头等大事。
It took me a long time to be as brave in my personal life as I was in my professional life.
我花了很长时间才让私人生活中的自己变得和职业生活中的自己一样勇敢。
That's because to be brave in love means opening yourself up to the possibility of heartbreak.
这是因为勇敢相爱意味着要敞开心扉,迎接心碎的可能。
And, for me, like Felix in that violent spin, I didn't wanna lose control.
而对我来说,就像在剧烈旋转中的费利克斯一样,我不想让局面失控。
I didn't wanna be in a situation where I would not be able to right myself.
我不想将自己置于无法摆正姿势的情形中。
Then I met George. People talk about soul mates. I met my mind's friend.
后来我遇到了乔治。人们总是谈论灵魂伴侣,而我遇到了自己的灵魂伴侣。
And since I always trusted my mind, when it told me to leap, so did my heart.
因为我总是信任自己的头脑,所以当它告诉我要改变的时候,我心里也是这样想的。