'Come! come!' she cried breathlessly. 'They will be here in a moment.
'快!快!'她上气不接下气地喊着,'他们马上要到这里来了。
They will see that you are not there. Oh, do not waste the so- precious time, but come!'
他们会发现您不在那里。哎呀,可不要浪费这宝贵的时间啦,快!'
This time, at least, I did not scorn her advice.
这次,我至少没有无视她的劝告。
I staggered to my feet and ran with her along the corridor and down a winding stair.
我蹒跚地站了起来,跟着她沿着走廊跑去,紧接着跑下一条盘旋式楼梯。
The latter led to another broad passage,
楼梯下面是另一条宽阔的过道,
and just as we reached it we heard the sound of running feet and the shouting of two voices,
就在我们刚跑到过道时,我们听到奔跑的脚步声和两个人的叫嚷声,
one answering the other from the floor on which we were and from the one beneath.
一个人在我们刚才待的那一层,另一个在他的下一层,两个人互相呼应着。
My guide stopped and looked about her like one who is at her wit's end.
我的向导停了下来,好象一个走投无路的人那样朝四周看看。
Then she threw open a door which led into a bedroom, through the window of which the moon was shining brightly.
紧接着她推开一扇通向一间卧室的房门,皎洁月光从窗户照进了卧室。
'It is your only chance,' said she. 'It is high, but it may be that you can jump it.'
'这是您唯一的机会了,'她说,'很高,但您也许能跳下去。'