Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Today my guest is a tailor. Welcome to the show, Tim.
罗布:今天,我的来宾是一位裁缝师。蒂姆,欢迎来上节目。
Tim: Thank you, Rob.
蒂姆:罗布,谢谢你。
Rob: Please tell us about your job.
罗布:请跟我们谈谈你的工作。
Tim: Well, a tailor makes, repairs and adjusts clothes.
蒂姆:这个嘛,裁缝师的工作是制作、修补以及调整衣服。
Rob: Can I buy shirts and pants from your shop?
罗布:我可以到你的店里买衬衫和长裤吗?
Tim: Yes. But my shop is not just a clothing store.
蒂姆:可以,可是我的店不只是一家服饰店。
Rob: What do you mean?
罗布:怎么说?
Conversation B
对话B
Tim: A tailor measures you first.
蒂姆:裁缝师会先为你量身。
Rob: So you get the right size?
罗布:这样才能知道正确的尺寸吗?
Tim: Yes. But tailors actually make your clothes. They don't just pick the correct size off a hanger.
蒂姆:没错。可是裁缝师会实际上为你制作衣服,而不只是挑选尺寸适当的成衣。
Rob: Then your clothes fit really well.
罗布:这样做出来的衣服就会非常合身。
Tim: Yes. But sometimes clothes don't fit well. Then a tailor can adjust them.
蒂姆:的确。不过有时候衣服会不合身,这时裁缝师就可以加以调整修改。
Rob: That's great!
罗布:真是太棒了!