地点:莫妮卡公寓外的走廊
人物:莫妮卡,瑞秋
事件:莫妮卡警告瑞秋不要向罗斯表白。
剧情片段
Monica: Rach? Can I talk to you for just a minute? I–I dropped some socks.1
莫妮卡:瑞,我能跟你谈谈吗?我掉了几只袜子。
Rachel: Yeah.
瑞秋:好。
Monica: What is the matter with you? Do you want to fall into the trap①?
莫妮卡:(瑞秋走出去到门外走廊上,莫妮卡生气地说)你吃错什么药了这是?你想要自找麻烦吗?
Rachel: Ohh! You did not drop any socks!
瑞秋:(左右环顾)哦!你根本就没有掉什么袜子!
Monica: I just ran into② Dave and he told me that you blew him off③! I mean, you listen to me! Now, I’m calling the shots④! I say you leave Ross alone and go get Dave!2 What the hell were you trying to do?
莫妮卡:我刚刚碰到戴夫,他说你把他打发走了!你给我听好了!我来发号施令!我要你离开罗斯,然后去找戴夫。你到底想要怎样啊!
Rachel: Well, ultimately, I was trying, I–I wanted… tell him you know, that I’m still in love with⑤ him.
瑞秋:那个,基本上,我在努力,我想要……想要告诉他,我还爱他。
Monica: What? You cannot tell him that!
莫妮卡:什么?你不能对他那样说!
Rachel: Why? Why not? People love to hear that!3
瑞秋:为什么?为什么不行?这种话喜闻乐见,大家都想听!
Monica: No. I make the decisions, and I say no.
莫妮卡:不行,这里我说了算,我说你不许这样做!
Rachel: Well, you know what, no, you do not make my decisions because …you’re fired.⑥
瑞秋:嗯,你知道吗,不行,你不能再帮我做决定了,因为……(抱臂严厉状)你被解雇了!
Monica: You can’t fire me. I make your decisions and I say, “I’m not fired!” Ha!4
莫妮卡:(倒抽一口气)你不能解雇我。你的决定都要归我管,那么我决定我自己没被解雇!哈!
Rachel: Well…
瑞秋:既然是这样……