These are the choices I'm talking about and this is the beauty of delayed gratification.
这些就是我所谈的选择,这就是延迟享乐的好处。
Tee yourself up. Do yourself a favor.
做好准备,帮助自己。
Make the choices, the purchases today that pay you back tomorrow.
只做那些未来给你回报的选择和努力。
Residuals, in my business, we call it "mailbox money".
在我们这行里,电影复映追加酬金被称为“邮箱钱”。
If I do my job well today, and that movie keeps re-running on TV,
如果我今天干得好,拍出的影片一直在电视上反复播出,
five years from now I'm getting checks in the mailbox. It's a heck of a deal.
那么五年后我的邮箱里还会收到支票。这划算极了。
So, whether its prepping the coffee maker the night before so all you gotta do is press the button in the morning,
所以,头天晚上准备好咖啡机,第二天早上需要做的就是按下按钮;
or getting ready for the job interview early so you don't have to cram the night before,
早早为工作面试做好准备,就不必在前一天晚上临时抱佛脚;
or choosing not to hook up with that married woman
不要选择和那个已婚妇女搭讪,
because you know you're gonna feel horrible about tomorrow and her husband carries a gun.
因为你知道明天会感觉很糟糕,而且她丈夫将拿着枪来找你。
Or paying your debts on time so that when you do see that guy three rows back tonight
记得及时还债,那样当你今晚看到坐在你三排之后的那个人时,
you don't have to hunker down in your seat hoping he don't see you.
你就不必缩在椅子里希望他不要看见你。
Get some R.O.I. You know what that is? Return on investment.
你们要有R.O.I.。你们知道那是什么吧?投资回报率。
Your investment. You customize your future. Don't leave crumbs.
你们自己的投资,建构你们自己的未来。不要留下麻烦。