Second time, the projector didn't work.
第二年 投影仪又坏了
And this year I forgot my power, my power for the computer at home.
而这一年 我忘了带电源线了 把电源线忘在了家里
So hopefully it will last the entire semester.
所以希望这点电能支持一个学期
If not we'll just have to deal with the imperfect scenario, but that's OK.
如果不行的话我们就只能面对不完美了 但是其实也没关系的
I think it must be something subconscious.
这肯定是潜意识里的问题
Because it's too much of a coincidence that every time something happens.
因为这也太巧合了 每次都有这些事情发生
Walk the talk. So where were we last time?
的确是这样 那么上次我们讲到哪了
Last time we talked about how you learned how to walk.
上次我们讲到你们是怎么学会走路的
We learned about how you learned to draw circles. And all through failure.
我们讲到你们是怎么学会画圆圈的
As Thomas Edison said, I learned my way...I failed my way to success.
都是通过不断地失败 如爱迪生所说 我通过不断失败以至成功
And we saw it with top athletes, whether it was Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan.
我们从那些最顶尖的运动员身上看到 不管是巴比·鲁斯还是乔丹
We saw it with top business people, whether it was Thomas Watson, IBM or Anita Roddick, founder of the, of Body Shop.
我们也从最顶尖的生意人身上看到 不管是IBM创始人托马斯·沃森还是安妮塔·罗迪克 美体小铺的创始人
We see it with artist and scientist-the most successful ones are also the ones who failed the most,
我们从艺术家和科学家身上看到 最成功的人也是失败最多的人
and these are the ones who understand the value and the importance of failure.
而他们就是那些深刻明白失败的价值与重要性的人
I guarantee you then none of them enjoy failing.
我向你们保证 他们没人喜欢失败
Failing hurts; it's disappointing at best; it's frustrating; it's embarrassing often.
失败让人受伤 让人极度失望 让人沮丧 也经常使人尴尬
However, people who ultimately succeed recognize that value of failure and learning from it.
但是 那些最为成功的人 都会认识到失败和从失败中学习的价值
There's a wonderful book that came out recently by one of my mentors-
有一本非常好的书 是由我的一位导师最近完成的
he taught at the business school for a few years;
他在商学院教了几年书
he is a professor at University of Southern California-Warren Bennis.
他是一名在南加州大学任职的教授 沃伦·本尼斯