Hi, I'm Rebecca from Engvid.
大家好,我是Engvid网的Rebecca。
In this lesson, I'm going to show you how to get the highest marks possible in part 1 of the IELTS speaking test.
今天这节课,我们要讨论的是雅思口语考试第一部分如何拿高分。
Now, there are a number of general strategies which you can use on the entire test,
有一些通用的技巧是整个口语考试都能用到的,
but in this lesson, we're going to go step-by-step through some of the typical questions that you will be asked in this first section.
但是,今天这节课,我们要讨论的是第一部分经常会被问到的一些问题。
And we'll look at some answers which are not very good and we'll look at some excellent answers.
我们先看几个不那么好的答案,再看一些比较好的答案。
And we'll also examine these answers from the points of view of how you can improve the grammar,
之后我们还会从如何提高语法,
how you can improve the vocabulary, and the pronunciation as well as the overall fluency.
提高词汇,发音还有整体的流利度的角度来分析这些答案。
Because these are the four areas in which you are actually scored. Okay?
因为这些就是考官给大家评分的四个依据。好吧?
So, let's get started.
那我们就开始吧。
This can make a big difference in your score, so keep watching.
今天这节课能够让大家的分数有一个明显的提升,所以,一定不要走开噢。
Okay, so we'll start with part 0.
好的,我们先从第0部分开始。
Now what is part 0?
首先,什么是第0部分?
Part 0 is the part where you come in, you sit down,
第0部分就是你走进考场,坐下来,
and the examiner is just greeting you and asking your name and asking for your identification.
考官向你问好,询问你的名字,让你出示身份证明这个环节。
And even though it's, strictly speaking, it's not corrected or graded, it's still part of the experience, right?
尽管严格来说,这个环节是不会计入分数的,但它依然是你考试过程的开头,不是吗?
And it's the first part of the experience for you.
也是你给考官留下的第一印象。
So, you want to make sure that you're feeling comfortable,
所以,你应该确保你拿出一个比较好的状态,
that you come across very well and that first impression is a nice positive strong one, okay?
确保你留下了一个很好的印象,确保你给考官留下的第一印象是很好的,积极的,深刻的,好吗?
So, what are some ways to do that?
那么,怎么样才能做到这一点呢?
That's what we're gonna look at.
这就是我们今天这节课要解决的问题。
Alright, let's get started.
话不多说,我们开始吧。
So let's say, the examiner, you come in, you sit down, the examiner says, “Good afternoon”, and you need to respond.
好的,我们假设考官……你进了考场,也坐下来了,考官对你说,“Good afternoon”(下午好),你需要回应考官的话。
Now, what I've done is I've divided the board into two.
我把黑板分成了两个部分。
On this side is what a weaker student would say.
这边是表现比较差的学生会说的话。
And on this side is what you're gonna say, which is what a stronger student would say.
这边是你要说的话,也就是表现好的学生会说的话。
One, one that's going to get higher marks.
同样也是得分会更高的学生会说的话。
Let's look at the differences.
我们来看看两类答案有何不同。
So the examiner says, "Good afternoon", the weaker student says nothing, just nods.
考官说,“Good afternoon”,表现较差的学生什么也不会说,只会点点头。
Maybe smiles.
或者微笑一下。
But just nods.
点个头。
Or says, "Yes".
或者说“Yes”(是的)。
Now the proper greeting, if someone says "Good afternoon" to you, what should you do?
而正确的问候语,如果有人对你说“Good afternoon”,你应该怎么回答呢?
You should say "Good afternoon". Okay?
你也应该说“Good afternoon”。知道了吗?
And that's what you're going to do.
你们也需要这么做。
So, when the person says "Good afternoon", the examiner,
当对方,也就是考官,说“Good afternoon”的时候,
you smile, you repeat the same greeting, "Good afternoon".
你应该微笑并重复同样的问候,“Good afternoon”。
All right?
听好了哈?
Good eye contact, all of that.
同时进行友善的眼神交流等等。
Alright. Next.
好的,我们继续。
The examiner says, "My name is Susan Williams. What's your name?"
考官接着说:“My name is Susan Williams. What's your name?”(我叫苏珊·威廉姆斯。你叫什么名字?)
Now, one possibility is if someone said "My name is Maria Flores".
这时候,考生可能会说,“My name is Maria Flores”(我的名字叫玛丽亚·弗洛雷斯)。
But, in this part, right, in the entire first part of your IELTS exam, speaking exam,
但是,这一部分,也就是整个雅思考试的第一部分,口语考试部分,
it's really more of a conversation, okay?
它其实更多的是一场对话,知道了吗?
It's not formal.
属于非正式语境。
And in an informal conversation, we don't usually say "My name is Maria Flores". Okay?
而在非正式谈话中,我们通常不会说“我的名字叫玛丽亚·弗洛雷斯”。大家知道了吗?
We just say, "My name's Maria Flores".
我们会说,“My name's Maria Flores”(我叫玛丽亚·弗洛雷斯)。
So to say "My name is" is artificial.
说“My name is”(我的名字叫)就感觉有点假。
It's not exactly fluent.
不太流利。
So, let's just say "My name's Maria Flores".
说“My name's Maria Flores”(我叫玛丽亚·弗洛雷斯)就可以了。
And what's important there is "My name's".
重要的是,“My name's”(我叫)要说清楚。
Make sure that "s" is actually strong and heard, okay?
确保“s”的发音清晰,能被听到,好吗?
Because if your s, that contraction is not heard,
因为你发的这个“s”,这个缩写没有被听见,
it's going to sound like, "My name Maria Flores" and that's not right, that's actually grammatically incorrect, right?
这句话听上去就变成了“My name Maria Flores”(我玛丽亚·弗洛雷斯),这是不对的,语法不对,好吗?
So you don't want to start like that.
你们可不能这么开场喔。
So you want to say, "My name's Maria Flores".
你得说,“My name's Maria Flores”(我叫玛丽亚·弗洛雷斯)。
And if you have a complicated last name, one possibility is to say "My name's Maria, Flores".
如果你的姓比较复杂,你可能会说“My name's Maria, Flores”(我叫玛丽亚,弗洛雷斯)。
Clear, and the examiner also knows, 'Oh, good. I got a student who's gonna speak clearly. What a pleasure.' Okay?
一字一顿地说,考官就会觉得,‘哇,太好了,这个考生口齿还挺清晰的,我也能轻松点儿了。’大家明白了吗?
Even though technically your exam hasn't begun yet,
尽管严格来说,这个时候你的考试还没有正式开始,
but these are all good impressions that will get you far.
但这样的回答确实会对你比较有利。
Next, the examiner asks to see your ID.
接下来,考官会要求你出示身份证件。
He or she says, "Could I see some ID please?"
他/她会说,“我能看一下你的身份证件吗?”
Now, you could just say, "Yes".
这时候你可能会说,“可以”。
And give it.
然后把证件递给他/她。
But it's better, again, to keep showing off your English, what could you say instead, "Yes, of course. Here you are". Okay?
但是,这个时候也是你展示英语水平的一个好机会,你可以说,“可以,当然可以,给您。”大家记住了哈?
You take it out, say, "Yes, of course. Here you are".
把证件拿出来,说,“可以,当然可以,给您”。
Keep smiling, keep showing you're confident, you're relaxed, you know what to say, alright?
保持微笑,继续展示你的自信,暗示考官你很放松,你知道该怎么回答,好吗?
And these little extra words make such a difference.
补充的这些小单词都会让你的分数大为改观。
Because they are judging your English speaking.
因为他们评判的是你的英语口语。
And everything you can do in those 11 to 14 minutes to show your, to show off your English,
在考试的11~14分钟内尽一切可能展示,炫耀你的英语,
to showcase your English, will get you the higher marks you're looking for. Okay?
展现你的英语,都会让你得到你想要的高分。大家记住了吗?
So, that was part zero.
好的,以上就是第0部分的应试技巧。
Now, the exam actually begins. Okay? They start recording it also.
现在,考试正式开始了。考官们也要开始录音了。
So when you're speaking, you know, there are lots of tips that I've given actually in another general IELTS lesson about the speaking test.
具体回答问题的时候也有很多技巧,我在另一节讲雅思听力部分的整体应试技巧的课里已经讲过了。
General tips that you can follow how to sit, how to talk, and all of these things, which you should do.
怎么落座,怎么说话之类的问题都有讲。
But now let's work through the practical parts. Okay?
现在我们来讲实际的考试内容,大家准备好了吗?
I'll give you links to the other lessons later.
稍后我会给出之前那几节课的链接。
Now, so the exam begins and the examiner asks you, "Where are you from?"
现在,考试开始了,考官会问,“Where are you from?”(你是哪里人?)
A weaker student would just say, "Madrid", or "From Madrid".
表现较差的学生只会说“Madrid”(马德里)或“From Madrid”(来自马德里)。
But you know better, because what should you do?
但你不会这么差,那你你应该怎么回答呢?
You should give a full sentence whenever possible.
凡是能用完整的句子回答的地方就尽可能用完整的句子回答。
Always give full complete sentences.
始终给出完整的句子。
Give as much information as you can.
尽可能多地提供信息。
Give as much content.
给出尽可能多的内容。
Good vocabulary doesn't mean go on for a long long time,
优秀的词汇量并不意味着你就能得到很好的分数,
but answer in full sentences so the examiner can grade you that 'Okay, yes.
但用完整的句子回答,考官就会觉得,“好吧,不错。
He or she knows how to speak well and speak correctly and fluently.'
他/她知道如何说英语比较好,比较准确,流利。”
So, instead of saying "Madrid", or "From Madrid", say, "I'm from Madrid".
所以,与其说“Madrid”或“From Madrid”,不如说“I'm from Madrid”(我来自马德里)。
Again, be very careful of the contraction.
再次强调,要非常小心这里的缩略格式。
You should use the contraction because it's more natural than saying I am from.
这里大家需要用缩写,因为用缩写比说“I am from”(我来自)更自然。
But make sure you, you're enunciating clearly so that it can be heard, "I'm from Madrid".
但要确保,你的发音清晰,这样对方才能听清楚你说的是“我来自马德里”。
Okay, good.
好的。
Now here's another student.
现在,我们假设还有一名考生。
This student said, when asked where are you from, the student said, "From Roma", or "From Italia".
这位考生说,当被问及“你是哪里人”时,这名考生说,“From Roma”(来自罗马,Roma为意大利语中的“罗马”),或者“From Italia”(来自意大利,Italia为意大利语中的“意大利”)。
Why is that not good?
这么回答存在什么问题呢?
Because in your IELTS English test, right, they want to hear you using the English names for these cities.
在雅思英语考试中,考官想听的是你说这些城市的英文名。
So, you should say "I'm from Rome, the capital of Italy". For example. Okay?
所以,你应该说“I'm from Rome, the capital of Italy”(我来自意大利的首都罗马)。好吗?
Even if you said one word, which you should not say, it should be Rome and Italy.
即便你只回答一个单词,尽管你并不应该这么回答,那你也应该说“Rome”或“Italy”。
But, don't just say that, use the opportunity to give a full sentence by saying, "I'm from Rome, the capital of Italy".
但是,还是请大家不要这么回答,抓住机会说完整的句子,说“I'm from Rome, the capital of Italy”(我来自意大利的首都罗马)。
Now, you're showing off your good English and you're using the English names for your cities.
这么说你就表明了你的英语很好,你用的是你城市的英文名。
If you're not sure what they are, find out what they are. Okay?
如果你不确定你的城市的英文名是什么,那就事先查好。记住了吗?
Next, suppose you're from a place which is, maybe people are not as familiar with that name, alright?
假设你来自一个地方,但人们可能不太熟悉你那个地方的名字,好吧?
Or that the name of that city.
或者不太熟悉你那个城市的名字。
So then you're going to be saying a word which is a little bit unusual for people's ears.
那么你要说的词对大家的耳朵来说就会不那么寻常。
So how can you prepare them to hear the name of your city if it's un...If it has an unusual sound.
那么,如果你的城市的名字的发音比较不寻常,你让大家的耳朵怎么去适应那个名字呢?
So here's one way.
我来教大家一个办法。
Suppose this student is from Bordeaux. Okay?
假设这个学生来自波尔多。好吧?
Now they could say, "From Bordeaux".
那他可以说,“来自波尔多”。
Where are you from?
你来自哪里?
"From Bordeaux".
“来自波尔多”。
But, what did you say? Very fast. Bordeaux? What, what...What was that?
可是,你说什么?你说太快了,波什么?什么?你说的啥来着?
Maybe the examiner didn't catch it.
可能考官就会没听清。
And whenever the examiner doesn't catch or cannot catch what you're saying,
但无论是考官没听清,还是听不清你说的话,
that's an indication not about the examiner, but about you.
都不是考官的问题,而是你的问题。
You needed to speak in a way that was more clear and, and fluent, and and strong.
你得说得更清楚,更流利,更有力。
So how can you do that?
那怎么才能做到这一点呢?
You can do that by saying something like this: "I'm from a city in southwestern France called Bordeaux.
你可以这样说:“我来自法国西南部一个叫波尔多的城市。
Now what did you do?
这个回答有什么特点呢?
By explaining first and then using the word called, you are preparing the listener, that, 'Oh, I'm going to give the name of something.'
通过先解释,然后使用“叫”这个词,你等于是给了听众一个心理准备,“啊,接下来我要说的是某个东西的名字。”
And then it doesn't actually matter if the person, you know, exactly understood the name or not.
这样一来,对方有没有准确理解那个名字其实都不重要了。
But they know that that word in that sound that you made was the name of a city and now it's understandable,
但是他们已经知道,你发出的声音中的那个词是一个城市的名字,那个词就变得能被理解了,
which is going to get you much higher marks, okay.
这样回答你得到的分数会高得多,好吗?
'I'm from a city in southwestern France called Bordeaux', alright?
“我来自法国西南部一个叫波尔多的城市”,大家记住了吗?
Prepare your listener for what you're gonna say.
让你的听众为你要说的话做好准备。
Let's go on to some more strong tips.
下面,我们来看一些其他比较给力的应试技巧。