Conversation A
对话A
Tina: How many holes does this golf course have?
蒂娜:这座高尔夫球场有几洞?
James: It has 18. Most golf courses do.
詹姆斯:有18洞。大多数的高尔夫球场都是这样。
Tina: Oh, OK.
蒂娜:哦,好的。
James: The goal of the game is to get the ball into the hole. You have to strike the ball with a club.
詹姆斯:这项运动的目标是要把球打进洞里。你必须用球杆打球。
Tina: That sounds easy.
蒂娜:听起来很简单。
James: It's not. You only have a few strokes to do it.
詹姆斯:其实不简单,你只能打几杆而已。
Tina: How many?
蒂娜:几杆?
James: Usually just three, four or five.
詹姆斯:通常只有三、四或五杆。
Conversation B
对话B
Tina: Golf isn't an easy game.
蒂娜:高尔夫球不是一项轻松的运动。
James: It's not, but it's fun! You must hit your ball onto the green. You must also avoid the sand and water traps.
詹姆斯:的确不容易,可是很好玩!你必须把球打到果岭上,也必须避开沙坑和水池。
Tina: Can you get the ball into the hole with one stroke?
蒂娜:有可能一杆就把球打进洞里吗?
James: Yes. That's called a hole in one. But it's hard to do that. You have to aim carefully.
詹姆斯:有可能,那样叫做一杆进洞。可是很难做到,你必须仔细瞄准。
Tina: Well, I'm going to try!
蒂娜:没关系,我要试试看!
James: Good. Now let's play!
詹姆斯:很好,开球吧!