手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

僧人/化妆师 另类斜杠青年西村宏堂

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Doing makeup for people, it's a way for me to demonstrate that they can feel powerful, that they can feel beautiful.

我想通过化妆这种方式告诉大家,你可以很强大,你可以很美。

It's the same message in Buddhism.

佛教传达的其实也是这个理念。

I'm just encouraging people so that they feel like they are worthy.

我只是想鼓励大家,让大家觉得,他们值得拥有美好的东西。

I am Kodo Nishimura.

我是西村宏堂。

I am a Buddhist monk and also a makeup artist.

我是一名和尚,也是一名化妆师。

I have been a makeup artist for around nine years.

我做化妆师差不多有9年了。

As a makeup artist, I have done makeup for Christina Milian, Halima Aydin and I also helped miss USA.

我给克里斯蒂娜·米兰化过妆,还给哈丽玛·艾丁,美国小姐化过妆。

I was born in a temple in Tokyo and both of my parents are monks, but I was not interested in Buddhism at all.

我出生在东京的一座寺庙,父母都是佛门中人,但我对佛教一点也不感兴趣。

When I was young, I didn't want to be a monk.

小时候我并不想当和尚。

When I was in high school, I was scared of people figuring out my sexuality.

高中那会儿我很怕别人发现我的性取向。

So I always hid my personality.

所以经常都在隐藏真实的自己。

I thought people will disagree me.

因为我觉得大家会不认可我的取向。

So I chose a university in New York.

所以我选择了到纽约上大学,

In a different environment, I had a hope that maybe I can be myself.

想着换个环境或许我就能活出自我了。

When I was in New York, I felt very encouraged.

在纽约的时候,我受到了很大的鼓舞,

I felt being gay it's nothing a barrier.

并没有觉得同性恋有什么不便。

So why hide?

那我干嘛还要遮遮掩掩呢?

I started to play with makeup and I was so amazed.

我开始接触化妆,就像打开了一扇新世界的大门。

It was like going to world of color for me to explore.

化妆仿佛就是一个等待我探索的五彩斑斓的世界。

I was very hopeful.

我感觉心中充满了希望。

3

So that's when I started to want to learn more.

也开始有了深入了解化妆的念头。

I learned about a makeup artist who did makeup for Miss Universe Japan and I became her assistant.

我发现了一位为日本环球小姐化妆的化妆师,就跑去给她当助理。

I was always hoping that I can make more people be proud to be who they are.

我一直都希望我能让更多的人为他们自己而自豪。

But after my university, I started to think what is my roots.

但大学毕业后,我开始思考,究竟哪里才是我的根。

I decided to come back to Japan and to join the monk training.

我决定回日本参加和尚培训。

Training to become a monk, I actually was really really hard.

培训其实是很辛苦的。

I consulted with the master and he told me that the most important role of Buddhism is to tell people that everybody is equal.

我向师父请教,他告诉我,佛教最重要的作用就是告诉世人人人平等。

And I felt that this message can save me and more people.

我感觉,这一理念不仅能拯救我,还能拯救更多的人。

So it's my mission to let people know that they can be who they are.

我就给自己定了一个使命,让大家知道他们可以做自己。

Uniqueness is OK and you can celebrate.

独一无二是OK的,你可以为此引以为豪。

So I teach makeup.

我开始走上了化妆教学的道路。

My favorite one is LGBTQ-friendly makeup seminars.

我最喜欢的就是LGBTQ友好型的化妆研讨会。

Makeup is a great way to help people feel beautiful and hopeful.

要让大家感觉美丽和充满希望,化妆其实是一个很好的方法。

I think all religion came from also wanting to help people.

而在我看来,所有宗教的出发点其实也是帮助他人。

I want people to feel that they are equal, they are powerful they can be who they are and be proud.

我想让大家都觉得他们是平等的,他们很强大,他们可以做他们自己,可以为做自己而自豪。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
uniqueness [ju:'ni:knis]

想一想再看

n. 唯一性,独特性

 
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
demonstrate ['demənstreit]

想一想再看

vt. 示范,演示,证明
vi. 示威

联想记忆
barrier ['bæriə]

想一想再看

n. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物

 
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
universe ['ju:nivə:s]

想一想再看

n. 宇宙,万物,世界

联想记忆
disagree [.disə'gri:]

想一想再看

v. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜

联想记忆
celebrate ['selibreit]

想一想再看

v. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。