It could be possible to see wildlife thriving within our cities across the planet.
也许某天,我们会看到更多的野生动物在全世界的城市的里繁衍生息的景象。
We, after all, are the architects of the urban world.
毕竟人类才是城市世界的建筑师。
Now, over half of us live in an urban environment.
现在,超过一半的人口居住在城市环境中。
My home, too, is here in the city of London.
我的家也在伦敦这座城市里。
Looking down on this great metropolis,
俯瞰着这个国际大都市,
the ingenuity with which we continue to reshape the surface of our planet is very striking, but it's also sobering.
人类不断重塑着世界的表面形态,其中的创造力令人惊叹同时也发人深省。
It reminds me of just how easy it is for us to lose our connection with the natural world.
它提醒着我们人类是多么容易失去和大自然的联系。
Yet it's on this connection that the future of both humanity and the natural world will depend.
然而正是这种联系决定了人类社会和自然界的未来。
It's surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet
无疑,我们有责任和义务,尽己所能打造美好的地球家园,
that provides a home not just for us, but for all life on Earth.
不仅是为了人类,更为了地球上所有的生命。