I think the only real way to push a eco-conscious agenda is to just make the things that are eco-conscious a little more sexy.
我个人觉得,推动环保事业唯一的办法就是把环保的东西做得更性感一点。
Ready Freddie?
准备好了吗,弗雷迪?
My name is Josh Hadar, I'm a metal sculptor.
我叫乔什·哈达,我是一个金属雕刻爱好者。
My artistic platform is sculptures, bikes, that all have the same theme of eco-consciousness and sustainability.
我的艺术平台就是各种雕塑啊,自行车啊之类以生态意识和可持续发展为核心思想的东西。
Aahh! Whoo, solar energy.
啊哈!哇,太阳能的哟。
There are lots of electric bikes out there,
市面上有很多电动自行车,
but, you know, I don't think you're going to get a whole lot of interest without that bike being a real head-turner.
但我觉得吧,除非是它真的特别惊艳,否则你是不会对它们产生特别浓厚的兴趣的。
I learned how to weld at the university of YouTube.
我是在YouTube大学学的焊接。
I didn't really have anything in mind to build when I started to weld.
一开始的时候,我并没有想好要焊什么。
I just loved the process.
我只是喜欢那个过程。
This bike not only runs on solar energy, but it was completely created by solar energy.
这辆自行车不仅驱动靠的是太阳能,整个的制造也是用太阳能完成的。
The same system that I use to power the batteries,
不仅自行车的电池是太阳能充电的,
I use to power all my hand tools, and basically, all of these are made strictly by hand tools.
我所有的工具都是太阳能充电的,而且,基本上所有这些东西都是手工制作的。
And then, basically, once you buy it, there's virtually no costs.
而且,基本上你买到手之后就不会再有任何开销了。
You know, you don't have to gas it up, you don't whatever, solar, it's from the sky, it's from the sun.
不用给它加油,你什么都不用干,全靠太阳能,靠天,靠太阳就够了。
Once I had my kids, my priorities really changed and that was just, you know, I want a cleaner planet.
有了孩子之后,我优先考虑的问题都不一样了,现在我最看重的就是我希望地球变得更清洁。