手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

黑人儿童:我很可怕吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"My Skin is Not a Threat."

“我的肤色并不具威胁性。”

It's funny how the world has different time zones,

真有意思,世界竟然要分时区,

how it could be Saturday on this side of the world and Friday somewhere else.

世界的这一侧是星期六,其他某个地方却是星期五,怎么会这样呢?

Yet somehow, the United States of America is stuck in 1920.

然而,美国还是不知怎么的就陷入了1920年。

That was a hundred years ago, yet we're still fighting for our lives, for a place here.

那已经是一百年前了,但今天的我们依然还在为生存而战,为在这里拥有一片立锥之地而战。

What did we ever do to make them hate us so much?

我们到底做了什么,他们要这么恨我们?

I know for a fact they love our culture.

我只知道,他们确实是喜欢我们的文化的。

They love to steal our braids, the way we talk, anything we call ours.

他们喜欢偷我们的发式,偷我们说话的方式,凡是我们称之为“我们的东西”的,他们都喜欢偷。

But when it's that one white bad cop and that one innocent Black person, that Black person fears for their life.

但当那个白人坏警察和那个无辜的黑人相互遭遇时,那个黑人开始担心自己的生命安全了。

This is the world we live in.

这就是我们生活的世界。

See, when I was younger, teachers used to ask kids what they wanted to be when they grew up.

要知道,我还小的时候,老师们经常会问孩子们长大后的梦想。

Some kids said "famous."

有些孩子会说,“出名”。

I was one of those kids.

我就是这样的孩子。

But now I change my answer.

但现在,我想改一改我的答案。

The thing I want to be when I grow up is alive.

我长大后的梦想就是活着。

How do I know that I'm going to make it out alive if I'm suspicious doing nothing?

我怎么知道我就能顺利地活着,如果我什么都没做都还有嫌疑,

If I'm suspicious when I'm at my own house sleeping in my own bed.

如果我在睡在自己家的床上都还有嫌疑,我怎么知道?

Why am I suspicious?

我为什么有嫌疑?

Because I could have sworn from one to three I was the cutest thing.

我可以发誓,我曾经是最可爱的宝贝。

But when did I stop being cute and start being scary?

那我是什么时候开始变得不再可爱了,开始变得可怕了?

Am I scary if I have a black hoodie?

我穿黑色套头衫的时候可怕吗?

2

Am I scary if I wear a backpack?

我背书包的时候可怕吗?

Am I scary if I do nothing?

如果我什么都不做,还可怕吗?

Am I scary?

是我长得可怕吗?

Does my dad scare you?

我爸爸会吓到你吗?

Does my mom scare you?

我妈妈会吓到你吗?

Does my auntie scare you?

我姨妈会吓到你吗?

Because let me tell you something: we are not scary.

你听我说:我们并不可怕。

Ahmaud Arbery. Breonna Taylor. George Floyd. Tamir Rice. Dontre Hamilton. Michael Brown. Eric Garner. John Crawford III.

艾哈麦德·阿贝里。布雷娜·泰勒。乔治·弗洛伊德。塔米尔·赖斯。唐特·汉密尔顿。迈克尔·布朗。埃里克·加纳。约翰·克劳福德三世。

Ezell Ford. Walter Scott. Akai Gurley. Miles Hall. Jarame Reid. Stephon Clark. Jacob Blake.

埃泽尔·福特。沃尔特·斯科特。阿凯·格利。迈尔斯·霍尔。雅拉姆·里德。斯蒂芬·克拉克。雅各布·布莱克。

Say their names.

说出他们的名字。

You will earn my respect when I don't have to fear for my life or anybody else's.

当我不必担心自己或任何人的生命安全时,你就能赢得我的尊重。

Until then, my respect will not come for free.

在那之前,我的尊重不会免费到来。

Black Livers Matter.

黑人的命也是命。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
garner ['gɑ:nə]

想一想再看

v. 贮藏,积累,得到 n. 谷仓 Garner: 加纳

联想记忆
suspicious [səs'piʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 可疑的,多疑的

联想记忆
innocent ['inəsnt]

想一想再看

adj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的

联想记忆
threat [θret]

想一想再看

n. 威胁,凶兆
vt. 威胁, 恐吓

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。