Only In Sleep -- by Sara Teasdale
只在睡梦中--莎拉·蒂斯黛尔
Only in sleep, I see their faces
在睡梦中,我才能看得到儿时的玩伴
Children I played with when I was a child
他们的笑脸如此真切
She comes back with her brown hair braided
她绑着棕色的发带向我跑来
He with ringlets warm and wild
他还是一头亲切又不羁的卷发
Only in sleep, Time is forgotten
在睡梦中时间才被遗忘
What may have come to them, who can know?
谁又知晓他们如今的模样
Yet we played last night as long ago
但昨夜久违的嬉闹如此真切
And the doll-house stood at the turn of the stair
玩具小屋还在楼梯转角
The years had not sharpened their smooth round faces
岁月没有磨平他们圆润的脸颊
I met their eyes and found them mild
昨夜四目相对时他们还是那么的温雅
Do they, too, dream of me, I wonder
他们也会这么梦见我吗,我自忖到
And for them, am I too a child?
在梦里我也像他们一样是个孩子吗?