Renly pushed back his hair.
蓝礼把头发拢了拢。
Brienne bound it with a velvet tie and pulled a padded cap down over his ears, to cushion the weight of his helm.
布蕾妮用天鹅绒的带子将它系住,并在他耳边装了一顶小垫帽,以减轻头盔的重量。
"Thanks to the Onion Knight we were never reduced to dining on corpses, but it was a close thing.
“多亏洋葱骑士,我们才没有堕落到啃食尸体的地步,当时那是迫在眉睫的事了。
Too close for Ser Gawen, who died in his cell."
对加文爵士来说更是如此,他死在牢里。”
"Your Grace."
“陛下。”
Catelyn had waited patiently, but time grew short.
凯特琳一直耐心等待,不过时间越来越少。
"You promised me a word."
“您答应要听我一言。”
Renly nodded. "See to your battles, my lords...
蓝礼点头。“去战斗吧,大人们……呃,
oh, and if Barristan Selmy is at my brother's side, I want him spared."
如果巴利斯坦·塞尔弥在我老哥的阵营里,千万要活捉他。”
"There's been no word of Ser Barristan since Joffrey cast him out,"
“巴利斯坦爵士自被乔佛里赶走后就没了消息,”
Lord Rowan objected.
罗宛大人质疑。
"I know that old man.
“我了解那位老人。
He needs a king to guard, or who is he?
他需要一位供他守护的国王,不然他算什么?
Yet he never came to me, and Lady Catelyn says he is not with Robb Stark at Riverrun.
既然他没站到我这边,凯特琳夫人说他也没和奔流城的罗柏·史塔克在一起。
Where else but with Stannis?"
那么,除了史坦尼斯,他还能在哪儿呢?”
"As you say, Your Grace.
“如您所愿,陛下。
No harm will come to him."
他将不会受到任何伤害。”
The lords bowed deeply and departed.
两位大人深深一鞠躬,转身退出。
"Say your say, Lady Stark," Renly said.
“请畅所欲言,史塔克夫人,”蓝礼道。
Brienne swept his cloak over his broad shoulders.
布蕾妮将披风搭上他宽阔的肩膀。
It was cloth-of-gold, heavy, with the crowned stag of Baratheon picked out in flakes of jet.
披风乃是金线织成,十分沉重,上面有黑玉镶成的拜拉席恩家族的宝冠雄鹿。
"The Lannisters tried to kill my son Bran.
“兰尼斯特的人企图加害我儿子布兰,
A thousand times I have asked myself why.
我无数次扪心自问这到底是为了什么。
Your brother gave me my answer.
直到那天听了您哥哥的话,我才恍然大悟。
There was a hunt the day he fell.
他坠楼当天正是狩猎的日子,
Robert and Ned and most of the other men rode out after boar, but Jaime Lannister remained at Winterfell, as did the queen."
劳勃、奈德以及大部分人都去追逐野熊,只有詹姆·兰尼斯特留在临冬城内,还有王后。”
Renly was not slow to take the implication.
蓝礼没有忽略她的暗示。
"So you believe the boy caught them at their incest..."
“所以你认为,那孩子看见他们乱伦的……”
"I beg you, my lord, grant me leave to go to your brother Stannis and tell him what I suspect."
“我求求您,陛下,准许我到您哥哥史坦尼斯那边去,把我的怀疑告知他。”
"To what end?"
“目的何在?”
"Robb will set aside his crown if you and your brother will do the same,"
“如果您和您哥哥愿意暂时搁置王冠,罗柏也会。”
she said, hoping it was true.
她嘴上这么说,心中却只能希望儿子会这么做。
She would make it true if she must; Robb would listen to her, even if his lords would not.
必要之时,她要确保他这么做,就算罗柏手下的诸侯不肯听从,相信罗柏会听她的话。
"Let the three of you call for a Great Council, such as the realm has not seen for a hundred years.
“你们三人应当协力召开大议会——这个国家已经有上百年没召集过了。
We will send to Winterfell, so Bran may tell his tale and all men may know the Lannisters for the true usurpers.
我们将派人去临冬城,让布兰讲述他的故事,让全天下的人都知道兰尼斯特家族才是真正的篡夺者。
Let the assembled lords of the Seven Kingdoms choose who shall rule them."
然后,由应召而来的七国上下所有领主来共同决定谁是他们的统治者。”
Renly laughed.
蓝礼大笑。
"Tell me, my lady, do direwolves vote on who should lead the pack?"
“告诉我,夫人,你们的冰原狼会为谁当头狼而投票吗?”