Sometimes the tree is in those dreams too, calling my name.
有的梦中大树呼叫我的名字,把我吓坏了。
That frightens me. But the worst dreams are when I fall."
最吓人的是我经常梦见自己摔下去。”
He looked down into the yard, feeling miserable.
他望向庭院,感到很无助。
"I never used to fall before.
“我以前从不失手。
When I climbed.I went everyplace, up on the roofs and along the walls, I used to feed the crows in the Burned Tower.
我喜欢爬,哪里都去过,上屋顶,登城墙,残塔上面喂乌鸦。
Mother was afraid that I would fall but I knew I never would.
母亲老是担心我摔下来,可我知道我不会。
Only I did, and now when I sleep I fall all the time."
结果我真的摔了下来,现在连做梦都在不停地坠啊坠。”
Meera gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Is that all?"
梅拉捏捏他肩膀。“就这些?”
"I guess."
“差不多吧。”
"Warg," said Jojen Reed.
“狼灵。”玖健·黎德道。
Bran looked at him, his eyes wide. "What?"
布兰睁大眼睛瞪着他,“什么?”
"Warg. Shapechanger. Beastling.
“狼灵。易形者。凶兽。
That is what they will call you, if they should ever hear of your wolf dreams."
假如你的狼梦被别人知道,别人便会如此称呼你。”
The names made him afraid again.
这些名字让他又害怕起来。
"Who will call me?"
“谁会这样叫我?”
"Your own folk. In fear. Some will hate you if they know what you are.
“恐怕会是你自己的子民。很多人一旦知道你的真面目就会仇恨你,
Some will even try to kill you."
甚至来杀你。”
Old Nan told scary stories of beastlings and shapechangers sometimes.
老奶妈经常讲起关于凶兽和易形者的可怕故事。
In the stories they were always evil.
故事里它们都是坏人。
"I'm not like that," Bran said. "I'm not. It's only dreams."
“我和它们不一样,”布兰道,“我才不是它们。那只是梦。”
"The wolf dreams are no true dreams.
“狼梦并非真正的梦。
You have your eye closed tight whenever you're awake, but as you drift off it flutters open and your soul seeks out its other half.
当你清醒时眼睛紧闭不开,当你入眠后灵魂却不由自主地搜寻它的另一半。
The power is strong in you."
布兰,你体内的能量非常强大。”
"I don't want it. I want to be a knight."
“我不要什么能量。我想当骑士。”
"A knight is what you want. A warg is what you are.
“骑士是你想当的,狼灵是你成为的。
You can't change that, Bran, you can't deny it or push it away.
你改变不了事实,布兰,你既不能否认它也不能赶走它。
You are the winged wolf, but you will never fly."
你是长翅膀的奔狼,却不能飞翔。”
Jojen got up and walked to the window.
玖健起身踱到窗前。
"Unless you open your eye."
“除非你睁开眼睛。”
He put two fingers together and poked Bran in the forehead, hard.
他并拢双指,用力戳布兰的前额。
When he raised his hand to the spot, Bran felt only the smooth unbroken skin.
布兰摸摸额头,却只有平滑无奇的皮肤。
There was no eye, not even a closed one.
那里没有眼睛,那里根本不可能有闭着的眼睛。
"How can I open it if it's not there?"
“我连它的存在都感觉不到,又怎么能睁开它呢?”