"I can scarcely expect the Knight of Flowers to treat with Bronn or Shagga, can I?
“我很难指望百花骑士跟波隆或夏嘎打交道,对不?
The Tyrells are proud."
提利尔家一向高傲。”
His sister wasted no time trying to twist the situation to her advantage.
姐姐不浪费任何可趁之机,
"Ser Jacelyn Bywater is nobly born. Send him."
“杰斯林·拜瓦特爵士出生高贵,我们派他去。”
Tyrion shook his head.
提利昂摇摇头,
"We need someone who can do more than repeat our words and fetch back a reply.
“我们要的不是传声筒,
Our envoy must speak for king and council and settle the matter quickly."
派出的使者必须能代表国王和御前会议发言,并把事情迅速办妥。”
"The Hand speaks with the king's voice."
“首相正是国王的代言人。”
Candlelight gleamed green as wildfire in Cersei's eyes.
烛光在瑟曦眼中如碧绿的野火一样燃烧,
"If we send you, Tyrion, it will be as if Joffrey went himself.
“我们该派你去,提利昂,如此便和乔佛里亲临没有分别。
And who better, You wield words as skillfully as Jaime wields a sword."
哪里有更好的人选呢?你说话就跟詹姆使剑一般厉害。”
Are you that eager to get me out of the city, Cersei?
你就这么急着要把我赶出都城,瑟曦?
"You are too kind, sister, but it seems to me that a boy's mother is better fitted to arrange his marriage than any uncle.
“真是过誉,姐姐,其实依我看,替孩子安排婚事,母亲比舅舅合适。
And you have a gift for winning friends that I could never hope to match."
况且你有交朋友的天赋,我则望尘莫及。”
Her eyes narrowed. "Joff needs me at his side."
她的眼睛眯成一线,“小乔身边需要我。”
"Your Grace, my lord Hand," said Littlefinger, "the king needs both of you here.
“太后陛下,首相大人,”小指头说,“国王身边需要您们两位,
Let me go in your stead."
就让我代您们前去吧。”
"You?" What gain does he see in this? Tyrion wondered.
“你?”你从中发现了什么好处?提利昂寻思。
"I am of the king's council, yet not the king's blood, so I would make a poor hostage.
“我虽是御前会议的成员,却非国王的血亲,因此当人质价值不大。
I knew Ser Loras passing well when he was here at court, and gave him no cause to mislike me.
洛拉斯爵士在朝中时,我跟他还算熟,他没有理由拒绝我。
Mace Tyrell bears me no enmity that I know of, and I flatter myself that I am not unskilled in negotiation."
此外,据我所知,梅斯·提利尔对我也没有敌意,并且——容我大言不惭地说一句——我对谈判之道略通一二。”
He has us. Tyrion did not trust Petyr Baelish, nor did he want the man out of his sight, yet what other choice was left him?
他能说服我们。提利昂不信任培提尔·贝里席,不想让他离开视线范围,但他有别的选择吗?
It must be Littlefinger or Tyrion himself, and he knew full well that if he left King's Landing for any length of time,
此事非他自己或小指头出面不可,而他完全清楚,只要他踏出君临,不论时间长短,
all that he had managed to accomplish would be undone.
所有的苦心全得半途而废。
"There is fighting between here and Bitterbridge," he said cautiously.
“此去苦桥路途凶险,”他谨慎地说,
"And you can be past certain that Lord Stannis will be dispatching his own shepherds to gather in his brother's wayward lambs."
“可以肯定,史坦尼斯公爵会放出自己的牧羊犬来接管弟弟手下任性的羔羊。”